Brexit and the Consequences

This is a discussion on Brexit and the Consequences within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by barjon Isn’t that a bit like the old joke “we all know what you are, madam, we’re ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:49pm   #4241
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
Isn’t that a bit like the old joke “we all know what you are, madam, we’re just haggling about the price”.

No tax avoidance is morally justified unless sponsored by government (like ISAs). Doesn’t matter if you’re one of them or one of us.

All tax avoidance is morally justified. Moral blackmail of citizens acting within the law is morally unjustified.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:08pm   #4242

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
All tax avoidance is morally justified. Moral blackmail of citizens acting within the law is morally unjustified.
Some men think with their brains.
Some with their hearts.
Some with their dicks.

You are surely a man with a brain dear Tomorton. My respects to you sir
Old Nov 11, 2017, 2:18pm   #4243

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
We hosted a tapas evening for a few friends last night so I'm feeling a tad Cava'd this morning. On top of that, it's chilly, damp and grey here in south Devon so I'm in need of a little pick me up. Something to lift the spirits and brighten the day. By chance, bang on cue, an e-mail plonked in my inbox from one of my remainer friends. Just what I needed - I read it and can't stop laughing. And the great thing about it is that it'll make Atilla, jon, dbp et al happy too! Everyone's a winner, enjoy: Brexit is reversible even after date is set, says author of article 50
Tim.

Dear Timy Tim Tim!

What you need to think about is where the rule of law and Parliament has gone in the UK when advisory politically induced referendums and words spoken by an unstable, not very competent and most unpopular PM becomes some kind of defacto Law.

I have contempt for people who haven't a clue and are so easilly led by lies and deceit.

Thought Gordon Brown put it really well with his four red lines and how each one has been a non-delivery, no-show hot air and much gaseous matter produced by the likes of Tories and UKIP. Empty promises like empty vessels. Throw them against a hard floor and everyone will be aghast at discovering "they were empty all along as promises shatter into fragments of what they meant and not what they promised"!

No sh1t Sherlock!

Last edited by Atilla; Nov 11, 2017 at 4:01pm.
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2017, 3:18pm   #4244

Joined Aug 2003
Interesting how the more indefensible the Brexiters' position becomes, the snarkier they get.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:13pm   #4245

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
Interesting how the more indefensible the Brexiters' position becomes, the snarkier they get.
Yes, very much so.

You know like if the lie about £350m being redirected to the NHS wasn't enough, it's now £1bn a week. They can really say anything they like as there is a big appetite for BS in the Brexit crowd. Who freaking needs experts when we have clowns and the daily trash.

When one is soooo much in the sh1t up to their eyeballs what is there to do but top up with the £1bn per week cost of EU BS. ABSoooluuutely hilarious!

First SignalCalc and now CV, hoisting links up as if arguments support their position only to realise --- ooopppsy indeed.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:13pm   #4246

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
You’ve got some funny morals then
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:15pm   #4247

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
You’ve got some funny morals then

I think you are being tad too harsh Mr B.

Some men can't afford morals.

Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:23pm   #4248

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I think you are being tad too harsh Mr B.

Some men can't afford morals. :
Knowing what’s right doesn’t necessarily make you do what’s right. Bit like cutting a trade really
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla