Brexit and the Consequences

This is a discussion on Brexit and the Consequences within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; I think if the more enlightened people at the EU in Brussels/Luxemburg would enlarge the EU to encompass their trading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:32am   #4217

Joined Mar 2004
I think if the more enlightened people at the EU in Brussels/Luxemburg would enlarge the EU to encompass their trading partners without all the political/legal crap many in Britain for one would like to stay. As it is with some Germans tightening the noose ( Hitker's Dream ) there are others who have exit parties and the whole shebang could collapse and should collapse.
Me

Last edited by Pat494; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:39am.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:15pm   #4218
Joined Feb 2002
The EU is a route, not a destination. The objective is political unification of Europe. So economic problems and failures along the way are not critical issues and are wide of the mark as targets for critics. Do not think that if the EU and/or the Euro collapse, the federal Europe project ends.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sminicooper
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:20pm   #4219

Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
The EU is a route, not a destination. The objective is political unification of Europe. So economic problems and failures along the way are not critical issues and are wide of the mark as targets for critics. Do not think that if the EU and/or the Euro collapse, the federal Europe project ends.
Spot on! As with so many political projects, economic common sense/the will of the people/welfare of individuals are sacrificed on the altar of Politics. Hopefully the EU will never sink to the depths of communism and its far right counterparts; but the tendencies are there – witness the EU's response to events in Spain. The EU will teeter on despite any economic setbacks, and like any flawed system it will eventually fail.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 4:11pm   #4220

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
So whose project is this, then? Some powerful Dr No type mastermind? A secret agreement between major nations ? Unwritten Government policies? Or just a bit of wishful thinking by a few bureaucrats?
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:13pm   #4221

Joined Jun 2016
Negotiations – What Negotiations?

Here's an insider's account of current "negotiations". He is a Conservative MP currently serving on the Exiting the European Union Select Committee. So you can make your own mind up about his bias!

http://brexitcentral.com/meeting-mic...l-better-deal/

If that is the case, then we may well be wasting our time doing much more talking.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:35pm   #4222
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminicooper View Post
Here's an insider's account of current "negotiations". He is a Conservative MP currently serving on the Exiting the European Union Select Committee. So you can make your own mind up about his bias!

http://brexitcentral.com/meeting-mic...l-better-deal/

If that is the case, then we may well be wasting our time doing much more talking.
with them asking for a number that we feel should be paid and that 20bln isn't enough and they can't give us a number they believe we should pay, pretty much sums it up. Try this tactic at a business negotiation table and you will be sitting without a deal until you die.
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:01pm   #4223
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...study-research

Nearly 1 Billion a week to be a member of the EU.

I'm sure they need us more than we need them.

Just for good measure, mass unskilled immigration costs the UK 30 Billion annually.

http://globalbritain.co.uk/wp-conten...2.17-Final.pdf

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:23pm   #4224
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Remoaners have been sold a pup and they know it, but are frankly to entrenched in their indoctrination to believe otherwise. I expect there's also a great deal of embarrassment in the ranks. It's hard to admit when wrong I suppose.
Anyways, it's never too late to get on the right side

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote