Brexit and the Consequences

This is a discussion on Brexit and the Consequences within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Signalcalc I wasn't 100% clear in my previous post as I was referring to the charities that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:39pm   #7276
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
I wasn't 100% clear in my previous post as I was referring to the charities that have written to the house of commons as they are all politically motivated. The BBC is just a government controlled pseudo-corporate propaganda machine (aren't all MSM)!!
Sure I know

I was just educating the mass readership of the thread as to how all this works in the real world. I mean, some of them might have thought it was a real charity

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:53pm   #7277

Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Sure I know

I was just educating the mass readership of the thread as to how all this works in the real world. I mean, some of them might have thought it was a real charity
Talking of educating the masses and on the subject of government funded NGO's, I just heard Bellingcat* being compared to Wikileaks as the UKGov funded version of Wikileaks.

Given that the real Wikileaks has a 100% record of every release being verified as accurate for the last decade, I wonder what Bellingcat's record is already

* Bellingcat is the NGO that 'revealed' the 'true' identity of the GRU Novichok attackers when UK intelligence had been unable to, work that one out!
Signalcalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:30pm   #7278
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Took them a while to get hold of the story but they got there in the end.

https://www.westmonster.com/tory-mp-...egal-migrants/

Migration watch are not happy.

https://twitter.com/MigrationWatch?r...al-migrants%2F

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:00pm   #7279

Joined May 2016
Quote:
Took them a while to get hold of the story but they got there in the end.

https://www.westmonster.com/tory-mp-...egal-migrants/

Migration watch are not happy.

https://twitter.com/MigrationWatch?r...al-migrants%2F

MPs just reassuring us how they remain out of touch with the people that voted for them.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:40pm   #7280

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread Post-Brexit immigration system will prioritise high-skilled workers - May

BIRMINGHAM, England (Reuters) - Britain’s post-Brexit immigration system will prioritise high-skilled workers and treat European Union citizens the same as those from elsewhere, Prime Minister Theresa May said on Monday.

Good idea. Keep the riff raff low skills out so bottom end wages can rise and top end skill wages fall.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:01pm   #7281

Joined Jun 2016
Theresa May – what a disaster!

https://www.conservativehome.com/pla...an-brexit.html

This article pretty well sums up May's disastrous tenure of number 10 and explains why we are now in such a mess over Brexit.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:25pm   #7282

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminicooper View Post

This article pretty well sums up May's disastrous tenure of number 10 and explains why we are now in such a mess over Brexit.
He needs to get off the fence and tell us what he really thinks!

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:53pm   #7283

Joined May 2016
Quote:

It's got to be between May or Blair as to who get the award of the worst Prime Minister in British history, I could add Thatcher, but she was loved by the Tories so she wouldn't get enough votes from both sides.

I think my vote would go to May as Brexit lies easily trump the lies and deceit of Blair's wars. Brexit is far more constitutionally important than Iraqi/Afghan wars and de-stabilising the whole of the ME. Something which the Tories have continued to de-stabilise massively since the Arab spring. Throw in a dose of anti-Russian rhetoric and the downright lies over selling out our military out to the EU, it just beggars belief that a PM could be doing such a thing to the British people and constitution.

Where the hell do they think they can get away with it? At least all Thatcher did was upset the Unions, miners and everyone with the poll tax. What about Major and his Maastricht treaty, he redeemed himself slightly with the Good Friday agreement, but the release of NI prisoners was also a betrayal? The Tories have so much to answer for, answers we'll never get of course.

Labour's raid on pensions, selling gold, and mishandling of the banking crisis were pretty big deals also and not forgetting the immigration debacle.

What a mess we live in, is there any good news anywhere?

Nope, my vote definitely goes to May.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:07pm   #7284
Joined Nov 2001
What a bunch of miseries!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:41pm   #7285

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
What a bunch of miseries!
It was 22C in London today

Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:53pm   #7286

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:

No it does NOT!

Typical one sided drivel.

What took place this summer was a carefully-planned establishment coup in the form of the Chequers fait accomplis, and a Cabinet meeting on 6th July which would have made old-style Communist despots blush. Ministers were bounced with less than a day’s notice by 120 pages of papers on the tenth iteration of a Brexit White Paper that few had seen, but which most assumed was based on the Prime Minister’s vision as enunciated at Lancaster House, Florence and Mansion House.

The way I see it, Brexiteers in the cabinet are an unruly lot, constantly sniping at May and they got their just deserts.

Cabinet responsibility is not what she had. Whilst the cabinet may have been selected as a 50/50 representation it doesn't mean likes of Gove/Davis/Johnson go about slurring their gobs to the press.

Chequers was a masterly stroke of genious. Bit like what John Major said, an opportunity to put up or shut up.

Who was Stewart Jackson? Stewart Jackson was Chief of Staff to David Davis when he served as Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union. What can one possibly expect from a rabid dog other than a bite.

If May is as bad as you chaps make out, what does that say about the Tory party unable to challenge her? They mustered the balls to challenge Thatcher!

LOL let's sweep the useless bunch of douche bags under some rock.

Roll on Corbyn which is precisely why Labour is soooo keen for elections to take place. As I said to you, when canvassing at doors, Labour have such strong support it is plain enough to see.

https://www.worthingherald.co.uk/new...ears-1-8087546

I'd go as far as to say there are no safe seats for the Tories anymore.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:16pm   #7287
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Tomorrow is likely going to give us a trade opportunity. I hope you lot are going to take advantage of it.
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:13am   #7288

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
EU can't even control themselves.

Look at this dangerous lunatic ranting at Tusk.

He has a uncanny resemblance to David Mellor, wonder if guy likes to wear a football shirt whilst performing in the bedroom department.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:19am   #7289

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
It was 22C in London today

Hope there’s a hurricane storm for the people’s vote march on Saturday,
Just to dampen their egos..
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:37am   #7290
Joined Nov 2001
Quote: