Brexit and the Consequences

This is a discussion on Brexit and the Consequences within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Atilla . . .You then have the audacity and ignorant dignity about meaning of democracy labelling remainers ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 12:03pm   #6436
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
. . .You then have the audacity and ignorant dignity about meaning of democracy labelling remainers as Remoaners because of a 48-52 win . . .
Hi Att',
I've no idea what 'ignorant dignity' is - but it rolls off the tongue rather nicely and I like the sound of it! So, can I have some please?

I can't speak for Sig', but when I use the term 'remoaners', I use it only to refer to those who don't accept the referendum result and are determined to do everything they can to stop Brexit. I wouldn't use it to describe someone who voted remain but accepts that we will leave in March 2019. I may be wrong, but I think this applies to most Brexiteers who use the 'remoaners' label. If I'm right, then I think it's a fair and accurate description and, therefore, there's no need to take umbrage.

Just my £0.02p worth!
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:05pm   #6437
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
No worries matey, you're going to get much pain and much loss soon enough.

Downhill slide started 1850s. Will accelerate post Brexit. 2020. Watch this space.

Take a look at the Motor Industry. https://www.smmt.co.uk/wp-content/up...online_May.pdf
No pain for me, I also won't be changing my armchair.

If anything means less competition competing for contracts as the supposed exodus of EU workers happens, or maybe that is just because my skillset is in high demand

I drive a beat up Skoda, not bothered about car industry either, it's only propped up with consumer debt anyway, best it has a correction.

If the slide started in 1850, then we should be well used to it by now, we seem to have coped OK.
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08pm   #6438
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi Att',
I've no idea what 'ignorant dignity' is - but it rolls off the tongue rather nicely and I like the sound of it! So, can I have some please?

I can't speak for Sig', but when I use the term 'remoaners', I use it only to refer to those who don't accept the referendum result and are determined to do everything they can to stop Brexit. I wouldn't use it to describe someone who voted remain but accepts that we will leave in March 2019. I may be wrong, but I think this applies to most Brexiteers who use the 'remoaners' label. If I'm right, then I think it's a fair and accurate description and, therefore, there's no need to take umbrage.

Just my £0.02p worth!
Tim.
I concur

How remoaners can't think in sensible terms and attach themselves to reality is beyond me!
Old Yesterday, 12:41pm   #6439

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
Google? Facts?

Oh dear, you have been manipulated. You can see that a real search engine produces 50% stories that are not related to Japan attracting workers using the same search term.

Who's living in reality now huh?
did you actually read the last story in that search ?
mike. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 2:07pm   #6440
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
did you actually read the last story in that search ?
Yes a well balanced search engine