Brexit and the Consequences

This is a discussion on Brexit and the Consequences within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by counter_violent Are you trying to rewrite history again? The railways were decimated under Labour. https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/...tains-railways Only the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 16, 2018, 10:03pm   #5641

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Are you trying to rewrite history again?

The railways were decimated under Labour.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/...tains-railways

Only the victorious are allowed the privilege of rewriting history. So first of all, you need to get on the right side of all the debates: thumbsup:

Thatcher, glorious leader of the UK. It is written in history.
Becareful what you wish for so they say.

First Carillion and many more in the queue.

If you care to read the article they are thinking of establishing a private public partnership in 2020 again. That's where politicians secure their future by screwing over the public for future generations to come.

Private profits and nationalised losses.

No change there.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys believe the tosh and fodder you shovel.

Old May 17, 2018, 10:48am   #5642
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Brexit was also about removing layer upon layer of parasites, starting with the EU government and ending up gawd knows where. House of lords is also making itself a very easy target at the moment.

This shower milked the system dry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pay-perks.html

It will of course take a very long time for the UK to attract the right caliber of politician back to the commons, but we have to start somewhere and Brexit was the signal.

Drain the swamp ! Ring any bells.

I can't see any reason to believe that Brexit will really change either the nature or number of chancer politicians we have to pay for. If something is currently decided in Brussels but will be removed by Brexit to be decided in Westminster, Cardiff, Holyrood and Stormont, we're still going to be lumbered with them, how have we reduced the political burden?

The civil service are showing the way things really work. If you need 5,000 civil servants to administer a £2bn infrastructure development budget that comes from the EU, you will still need 5,000 civil servants to administer the same budget when its coming from London.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old May 17, 2018, 10:57am   #5643

Joined Mar 2004
A desperate Mrs May I see is going to partly nationalize the railways.
That should please Labour and it won't be long before they are on strike every other week just as they used to be in the 1960s.
If Brexit has a hope of working I think a radical change in business and company practices are urgently needed.
To save jobs ( companies ) from the Unions and the City of London financial vultures.
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 12:55pm   #5644

Joined Feb 2012
Though im no labour supporter Pat, I do see the importance of unions in the workplace. Management can, will, walk all over the working man with no shame, I've witnessed it first hand many times. Once a union works together with a company for a safer workplace and a fair days pay then there is no need to resent it... Ive seen many dirty tricks imposed by so called management over the years and also witnessed many problems ironed out by intervention of a union. To the self employed man and the outsider looking in whom has never been a member or needed a union i can see why they appear to cause trouble and unrest. There's always a bigger picture.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494 , Atilla
Old May 17, 2018, 1:42pm   #5645

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
Though im no labour supporter Pat, I do see the importance of unions in the workplace. Management can, will, walk all over the working man with no shame, I've witnessed it first hand many times. Once a union works together with a company for a safer workplace and a fair days pay then there is no need to resent it... Ive seen many dirty tricks imposed by so called management over the years and also witnessed many problems ironed out by intervention of a union. To the self employed man and the outsider looking in whom has never been a member or needed a union i can see why they appear to cause trouble and unrest. There's always a bigger picture.
Once a union works together with a company for a safer workplace and a fair days pay then there is no need to resent it...

To sum up in 2 words we need team work and to be fairly paid by results.
No more 19th century them and us. It is just too inefficient imho.
Yes I too have suffered from the old system.
Redundant the day before the pension rights kick-in etc.
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: mike. , tomorton
Old May 17, 2018, 1:59pm   #5646

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I can't see any reason to believe that Brexit will really change either the nature or number of chancer politicians we have to pay for. If something is currently decided in Brussels but will be removed by Brexit to be decided in Westminster, Cardiff, Holyrood and Stormont, we're still going to be lumbered with them, how have we reduced the political burden?

The civil service are showing the way things really work. If you need 5,000 civil servants to administer a £2bn infrastructure development budget that comes from the EU, you will still need 5,000 civil servants to administer the same budget when its coming from London.
Dead on Tommo!

There's an awful lot that's going to be exactly the same...but dressed up to look different and a fair deal of it is going to cost a lot more than people currently realise... and that's not just in moolah.

Ironically, the matters that really need to be addressed by both parties (and now) are being relegated because of the process that's been undertaken. It isn't going to be easy and the idea that the EU should give us more leeway than other non-EU countries is naļve.

We've buttered our bread and now we get to lie on it. Only time will tell whether it's more or less comfortable than the present doss.

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk
cantagril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 2:05pm   #5647

Joined Feb 2012
My wife's situation was a clear example, Her work offered free in-house meals as part of a incentive towards recrutement, This was also written into her work contract. To cut a long story short, this was stopped after approx 6 years... I said to her, You do realise that they can't take away a workers right which is written into a contract that easy and that she should join a union to take advice..

Her reply was " the management can do what they want !!, they dont want to have a union "
No, I replied, i'm sure they dont want a union..

Sometimes, you just cant make people see.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:28pm   #5648

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread On the other hand we have management paying them selves as much bonus and numeration as they like behind closed doors coz well they are management and they deserve every penny.

If we don't pay them what they think they should be paid, they'll simply go elsewhere and then what will we be left with? Just the workers and they'll not know what to do without Management telling them what they should be doing?

Brexit will fix all this because we will have our sovereignty back and determine what people are really worth and justice will prevail through out the Kingdom.

Obivious init!
Old May 17, 2018, 6:52pm   #5649

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
On the other hand we have management paying them selves as much bonus and numeration as they like behind closed doors coz well they are management and they deserve every penny.

If we don't pay them what they think they should be paid, they'll simply go elsewhere and then what will we be left with? Just the workers and they'll not know what to do without Management telling them what they should be doing?

Brexit will fix all this because we will have our sovereignty back and determine what people are really worth and justice will prevail through out the Kingdom.

Obivious init!
I'm sensing a everso slight whiff of sarcasm in the above atilla...

obv not intentional..
Old May 17, 2018, 7:08pm   #5650

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
I'm sensing a everso slight whiff of sarcasm in the above atilla...

obv not intentional..
Good heavens no, have no idea what I could have possibly said to make you think as such.

I thought I was agreeing with you in many respects just wanted to balance perspectives from the top looking down that all.

Management and Unions working hand in glove to deliver world beating products we can sell to the rest of the World as soon as we can get out of the European Union who are simply cramping our style to deliver these tremendous productivity improvements.

All good with mi