Brexit and the Consequences

This is a discussion on Brexit and the Consequences within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Atilla Let the people speak. Don't bind them! If a decision is right it's right for you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:38pm   #5431
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Let the people speak.

Don't bind them!

If a decision is right it's right for you today as it was yesterday.

Don't worri be appi!!! It'll come to pass.
We have speaked and we are leaving

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:48pm   #5432

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post

Don't make'm like they used to do they?

Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:50pm   #5433

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread And another

Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:03pm   #5434

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

Numbers don't seem to be adding up again...

U.K. Labour Lords Expect to Defeat May Over Customs Union

Leaving all but in name. Just when I decided to switch to the Brexit camp it's all gone horribly wrong.

What a crying shame
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:54pm   #5435
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:

Leaving all but in name. Just when I decided to switch to the Brexit camp it's all gone horribly wrong.

What a crying shame
Let them try derailing Brexit.

The house of Lords is unfit for purpose and has been for quite some time.
This could be the issue that finally seals their fate. Abolition long overdue.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:43pm   #5436

Joined Aug 2004
Read all about it !!!!

Quote:

What a crying shame

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:51pm   #5437
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Let them try derailing Brexit.

The house of Lords is unfit for purpose and has been for quite some time.
This could be the issue that finally seals their fate. Abolition long overdue.
Are you telling us that you want to leave the EU and get rid of the Lords as well ? Where will you send Boris? You won't have Brussels, either.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:54pm   #5438

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
Are you telling us that you want to leave the EU and get rid of the Lords as well ? Where will you send Boris? You won't have Brussels, either.
Exactly, precisely, no hiding place, no jobs for the boys, make them all accountable. Non performers sacked or voted out.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:43pm   #5439
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Exactly, precisely, no hiding place, no jobs for the boys, make them all accountable. Non performers sacked or voted out.
I hope that you are taking note of what is happening over here, in Spain.It's one big mess and it is incredible how much corruption there is in the country.

Most of the the autonomic regions, which have local governments, are up to their eyebrows in mierda--- and I'm not one for using these expressions on this site which is why I am writing it in Spanish. It may pass without asterisks--we'll see!

Cataluña, Valencia. Andalucia, Murcia have been building non-existent roads, buildings, airports, now overgrown with weeds, hotels on protected green land. Whatever you can think of, its been done.

The latest is Madrid, where the President has fiddled her Master's degree. She does not have one, it has all been fiddled by the Universtity Rey Juan Carlos. I expect that we shall learn it has all been done with government funds.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:09pm   #5440

Joined Feb 2012
Think it’s time you came back home Split...strong and stable government and the weather is improving by the day..
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:46am   #5441
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
Think it’s time you came back home Split...strong and stable government and the weather is improving by the day..
You have to be joking. I'll take Spain--warts and all! As far as I know,the Spanish government has not destroyed my entry documents.
Thanks! The following members like this post: mike.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:59am   #5442
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:

This people's vote thing is a right waste of time. But maybe that's the point. Tie up the Brexit process for so long that either the Conservatives are voted out in a General Election or May is replaced by a new leader with a Remain platform, before the Brexit deal is finalised.

So its really a cynical game to neutralise people's votes, not grant them more democratic power.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:39am   #5443
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
This people's vote thing is a right waste of time. But maybe that's the point. Tie up the Brexit process for so long that either the Conservatives are voted out in a General Election or May is replaced by a new leader with a Remain platform, before the Brexit deal is finalised.

So its really a cynical game to neutralise people's votes, not grant them more democratic power.
I don't think that the people, en masse,know what they do want, except to be decently governed. That's not happening in the UK, nor in Spain. What you say, though, applies equally here but with different motives. PP has such a corruption mess on its hands that it doesn't even want to win the next election , I'm sure.

Anyway, this Master's degree crisis has brought on a vote of confidence. Let's see what happens. It might bring the next elections forward a couple of years.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:25pm   #5444

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread David Cameron Says He Doesn't Regret Holding Brexit Vote

Former U.K. Prime Minster David Cameron says he doesn’t regret holding the Brexit vote in 2016, but still wishes the country had voted to remain in the European Union.

In his first major interview since resigning as prime minister after the June 2016 referendum, Cameron said he still thinks he made the right decision to ask the British public if they wanted to stay in the bloc.

“I don’t think you can belong to these organisations and see their powers grow, treaty after treaty, power after power going from Westminster to Brussels, never asking the people if they are happy being governed in that way -- but I haven’t changed my mind about the result of the referendum, I wish the vote had gone another way,” he said in the interview with CNN, which aired Wednesday.

The former prime minister, who has been largely silent since leaving government and resigning as a lawmaker in 2016, is in Washington this week to launch a report about how to help fragile countries become more stable. In the interview, he backed the decision by his successor, Theresa May, to hold military air strikes on Syria without consulting Parliament.

In 2013, he was defeated by Parliament in his effort to do the same and said he “deeply regrets” it. “I think I know why, a lot of people were so unhappy about what had happened in Iraq, and they were so bruised by that,” he said.

Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:37am   #5445

Joined Mar 2004
In 2013, he was defeated by Parliament in his effort to do the same and said he “deeply regrets” it. “I think I know why, a lot of people were so unhappy about what had happened in Iraq, and they were so bruised by that,” he said.

Just another silly ass who used to be in charge of our affairs and completely divorced from the country's opinions.
We need some better quality politicians with sensible ideas.
Of course Mrs Poodle needed parliamentary approval. not just Trump's approval.

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla