Theresa May

This is a discussion on Theresa May within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Only been in office a few days and already made major mistakes. 1. Appointing that rude clown Boris to represent ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:22am   #1

Joined Mar 2004
Theresa May

Only been in office a few days and already made major mistakes.
1. Appointing that rude clown Boris to represent Britain. Do we really need that comedian to humiliate us abroad.
2. Her inaction to save Britain's valuable assets from the business vultures. ie Arm Holdings
3. Complete waste of money on a new Trident submarine system. Building and running costs will amount to £200 billion or more.

Let's hope she does a bit better than this in the future or we are all stuffed.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:49am   #2

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Only been in office a few days and already made major mistakes.
1. Appointing that rude clown Boris to represent Britain. Do we really need that comedian to humiliate us abroad.
2. Her inaction to save Britain's valuable assets from the business vultures. ie Arm Holdings
3. Complete waste of money on a new Trident submarine system. Building and running costs will amount to £200 billion or more.

Let's hope she does a bit better than this in the future or we are all stuffed.

She's very smart Pat and has appointed Alan Duncan, probably her preferred candidate as deputy to watch over Boris. In fact I think it's more to rub Boris's face in it to give him a humbling experience having made a complete ar5e of himself calling high ranking foreign officials all sorts of silly names. Much like what we do here on T2W.

Once Boris has led his useful life he will be replaced. There is the chance he makes a swinging success of his new role and then he may get to dream of PM role a little longer. I don't think so somehow but I could be wrong

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ice-to-keep-a/
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:13pm   #3

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Come off it Boris.
The guy is a liability to the Govt. spouting his own biased views in public.
Theresa should sack him quickly before he does it again.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:07pm   #4

Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Come off it Boris.
The guy is a liability to the Govt. spouting his own biased views in public.
Theresa should sack him quickly before he does it again.
Boris is a very difficult problem: despite his shortcomings he is quite popular in the country. When it comes to politicians a lot of people tend to look at the personality rather than what they say or do or stand for. E.g. a friend of mine who sympathises with UKIP principles, really dislikes Nigel Farage – and why? Not because of what he says or does but because when he's out and about he often wears an overcoat that has a velvet collar – and this particular person doesn't like men with velvet collars. To any rational person that may sound completely bonkers, but that's how a lot of voters think and why in certain constituencies, be it Labour or Conservative, you could put a monkey up and it would get voted in! (Some would say that's already happening )

I don't really know what May should do about Boris. He is probably more dangerous outside the tent so perhaps that's why she's given him the Foreign Secretary job: it's certainly one that requires diplomacy and we all know that's not Boris's speciality. So I'm assuming that she is thinking along the lines of giving him enough rope so that he can hang himself.

I'm sure Boris would like to favourably compare himself with Churchill even though many would disagree. But remember, like Churchill Boris is also an intellectual and has ideas often contrary to mainline thinking, and Churchill was known for changing sides and even going into the wilderness at times. Cometh the hour cometh the man – will that be Boris's destiny?
sminicooper is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:14pm   #5

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminicooper View Post
Boris is a very difficult problem: despite his shortcomings he is quite popular in the country. When it comes to politicians a lot of people tend to look at the personality rather than what they say or do or stand for. E.g. a friend of mine who sympathises with UKIP principles, really dislikes Nigel Farage – and why? Not because of what he says or does but because when he's out and about he often wears an overcoat that has a velvet collar – and this particular person doesn't like men with velvet collars. To any rational person that may sound completely bonkers, but that's how a lot of voters think and why in certain constituencies, be it Labour or Conservative, you could put a monkey up and it would get voted in! (Some would say that's already happening )

I don't really know what May should do about Boris. He is probably more dangerous outside the tent so perhaps that's why she's given him the Foreign Secretary job: it's certainly one that requires diplomacy and we all know that's not Boris's speciality. So I'm assuming that she is thinking along the lines of giving him enough rope so that he can hang himself.

I'm sure Boris would like to favourably compare himself with Churchill even though many would disagree. But remember, like Churchill Boris is also an intellectual and has ideas often contrary to mainline thinking, and Churchill was known for changing sides and even going into the wilderness at times. Cometh the hour cometh the man – will that be Boris's destiny?

Maybe she wants to mother him and project him forward in achieving his aim of becoming PM.

Maybe they've done a deal.

I've always thought Boris's idea to build a 3rd airport off the Thames Estuary is a brilliant idea. Do away with noise and polution and develop the East route and it's nearer Europe.

Instead the high and mighty seem to have opted to expand worst airport. Ofcourse it's all to do with connections and being a hub as that's where the money is. However there is plenty of travellers who do not wish to connect and simply travel. So I do think it is a better idea than expanding Heathrow.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sminicooper
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:19pm   #6

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Let's hope he never gets to be PM.
He even looks like Trump.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:33pm   #7
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Let's hope he never gets to be PM.
He even looks like Trump.
Pleez! Do Trump a favour.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:41pm   #8

Joined Jun 2016
Of course, we could be pre-judging Trump ?
sminicooper is online now   Reply With Quote