Theresa May

This is a discussion on Theresa May within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Splitlink I believe that Boris is a liabilty. I don't give him much time in that job. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:26am   #17
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I believe that Boris is a liabilty. I don't give him much time in that job.

True, but not soon - I always thought May was giving him the rope to hang himself but then she would need him to commit something irretrievable to end his serious political credibility for a generation before letting him loose. We may not be far off that day.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:39am   #18

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread He could probably get another job on the telly as a comedian.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:38am   #19
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
True, but not soon - I always thought May was giving him the rope to hang himself but then she would need him to commit something irretrievable to end his serious political credibility for a generation before letting him loose. We may not be far off that day.
I don't understand TM's thinking. Foreign Secretary is not the kind of post where one can have a loose cannon rolling around. She has enough on her plate, already, without having to worry about him, surely?

In addition, he might have a grudge against her and wish her harm, if he thought that she was not going in the interests of Brexit.
Splitlink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:06pm   #20
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I don't understand TM's thinking. Foreign Secretary is not the kind of post where one can have a loose cannon rolling around. She has enough on her plate, already, without having to worry about him, surely?

In addition, he might have a grudge against her and wish her harm, if he thought that she was not going in the interests of Brexit.

Foreign policy is unimportant to the general voter, unless it affects our lives here day to day, which it generally won't. So BJ (if you'll excuse the expression) can be kept on missions to distant corners where he can say what he likes and only receive media coverage here of the terrible gaffs he makes (which predictably weren't long in coming). Even if he does a good job he wins no votes here, he's out of the country much of the time, he can't agitate against the government as he has such a high office of state, his ego and ambitions are assuaged. I think its all about power, getting it and keeping it and keeping it away from other people, not the benefits of the country.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:33pm   #21

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Perhaps she could make him Governor of Pitcairn Island. Nice and remote. Personally I would put the boot in before he really goes beserk.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:43pm   #22

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Perhaps she could make him Governor of Pitcairn Island. Nice and remote. Personally I would put the boot in before he really goes beserk.

AND what if he comes back with a spiffing large order for BAE Systems ?
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:04pm   #23

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
AND what if he comes back with a spiffing large order for BAE Systems ?
The islanders probably don't want a range of super duper missiles. Which doesn't mean they won't be sold a shipload or two. They could pay in sea shells perhaps.

Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:42pm   #24

Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Perhaps she could make him Governor of Pitcairn Island. Nice and remote. Personally I would put the boot in before he really goes beserk.
What did Boris call the President of France ?
C'mon Theresa sack him soon or move him to waste disposal.
He isn't Britain's finest I hope. He's a disgrace. Probably drunk.