Toyz for the Boyz

This is a discussion on Toyz for the Boyz within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Atilla Speaking of Toyz n Watches anyone have one of these yet? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rt-claims.html PS. I've only seen ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:04pm   #17

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Speaking of Toyz n Watches anyone have one of these yet?

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rt-claims.html

PS. I've only seen one person wearing one thus far.

Nope thought so.

Over-engineered, over-hyped and over-priced!

Instead of moving to a single device that has it all, to break up into lots of modular gadgets is not the way to go. Apple rejected my consultancy and they will now pay for it.

I also feel this is the one device they should have simply released with no hype and let the interested parties do the buying and selling but NO! They have to go for the razzmatazz...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:24pm   #18

Joined Mar 2004
Remember Brunel and his atmospheric railway of the 1860s ? Well the update concept is trains in evacuated tubes that travel at 800-900 mph !
If they put one from London to Edinburgh and the driver fell asleep, the train might end up near Iceland !
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:10pm   #19

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Remember Brunel and his atmospheric railway of the 1860s ? Well the update concept is trains in evacuated tubes that travel at 800-900 mph !
If they put one from London to Edinburgh and the driver fell asleep, the train might end up near Iceland !

An interesting development of the great Brunel's idea. According to this reference https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vactrain these trains could reach speeds of Mach 5 (very dubious assumption IMHO). Dionysius Lardner, one of the Victorian Age's best well-educated doom-mongers, warned that brake failure in Brunel's Box Tunnel in the downward slope direction would result in speeds of 120 mph and consequent disaster. The mind boggles to think what he would have to say about Vactrains!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:14pm   #20

Joined Mar 2004
Speed isn't everything.
I would like to see someone bring back to life the zeppelins of yesteryear. They travelled in comfort at a low height to best see the land below. Better use helium tho !!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:33pm   #21

Joined Nov 2006
Atilla started this thread
Quote:
Speed isn't everything.
I would like to see someone bring back to life the zeppelins of yesteryear. They travelled in comfort at a low height to best see the land below. Better use helium tho !!
When you said speed itsn't everything, it struck a chord...

Amazing cycle super highways making bikes the transport of the future

Great ideas...
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/04/te...uper-highways/

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:40pm   #22

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Speed isn't everything.
If anyone has a few million to spare this could be a money making idea. The airships would leisurely float over scenic areas taking paying passengers. Also very useful for surveying areas cheaply.
Attached Files
File Type: htm airship.htm (23.9 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by Pat494; Jul 12, 2015 at 4:51pm.
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:36pm   #23
Joined Feb 2015
Got burgled two weeks ago and had my Daytona stolen, b***turds. The reaction it got was always memorable!
Attached Thumbnails
116518chdbr.jpg  
Strugglingtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:46pm   #24

Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Speed isn't everything.
really interesting comment about our constant need for faster and quicker.
reminded me of a TEDtalk from an advertising guy about perspectives.

He posited an idea about trains, where the passengers would be given the best champagne and caviar, served by supermodels, and the passengers would demand the trains were made slower! and it would save £Xbillion.

re: zepps. its all about the journey, not the destination!

trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494 , Atilla , BSD