Jeremy Clarkson

This is a discussion on Jeremy Clarkson within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/j...job/ar-AA9CSOX Is he really Mr. UK, not afraid of the PC pack or just a TV motormouth ? You call ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:20pm   #1
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Jeremy Clarkson

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/j...job/ar-AA9CSOX

Is he really Mr. UK, not afraid of the PC pack or just a TV motormouth ?

You call it.
__________________
Love your own area.
Long live NIMBYISM

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:37pm   #2
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/j...job/ar-AA9CSOX

Is he really Mr. UK, not afraid of the PC pack or just a TV motormouth ?

You call it.
He is an arrogant sod who thinks he is bigger than the show.

Over paid slob born with a silver spoon up his ****...


Show needs new face.

Good looking lady with legs to balance the sexes should be a good starting point.
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S

Last edited by Atilla; Mar 11, 2015 at 6:45pm.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:57pm   #3
 
TraderPattern's Avatar
Joined Oct 2001
Clarkson is a racist. He should be thrown into jail for his vile comments.
__________________
Don't personalise the market
TraderPattern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:16pm   #4
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderPattern View Post
Clarkson is a racist. He should be thrown into jail for his vile comments.
He did say sorry for the "N" word that wasn't broadcast, didn't he ?
__________________
Love your own area.
Long live NIMBYISM

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:25pm   #5
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
He did say sorry for the "N" word that wasn't broadcast, didn't he ?
I'd like to know where he'd be without TGear?


In my line of work i've lost count how many lunches missed.

Anybody who works, kindly step forward if you've never had your expectations fail because...

Big **** sd man up!
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:19pm   #6
 
0007's Avatar
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I'd like to know where he'd be without TGear?
But he is Top Gear!
__________________
0007 -
"A Gentleman should not be seen before mid-morning unless he is returning home from the night before"
0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:21pm   #7
 
0007's Avatar
Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/j...job/ar-AA9CSOX

Is he really Mr. UK, not afraid of the PC pack or just a TV motormouth ?

You call it.
Anybody who raises two fingers to the pinko-lefty BBC gets my vote.
__________________
0007 -
"A Gentleman should not be seen before mid-morning unless he is returning home from the night before"
0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:21pm   #8
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0007 View Post
But he is Top Gear!
You kidding right?

What ever turns you on dude
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:37pm   #9
 
Jack o'Clubs's Avatar
Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
You kidding right?

What ever turns you on dude
Top Gear used to be a motoring programme reviewing Austin Allegros and Peugeot estates and watched by the sort of person who joined the Civil Service Motoring Association and took the Institute of Advanced Motorists exams. And wore faux-leather driving gloves. It had minimal viewing figures and the BBC nearly dropped it. Then Clarkson came along and turned it into prime time entertainment with an audience of millions and the BBCs biggest export earner. Even if you hate him, you owe him a debt of gratitude that the money he's made for the BBC allows them to finance whatever worthy programming you'd rather watch instead. So yes, 0007 is spot on, he is Top Gear, and quite a bit more than that too.

Should he be censured for swinging at a junior producer? Dunno, but seeing as earlier versions of the story suggested he'd hit a woman, let's just wait for the facts before deciding, eh?
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:40pm   #10
 
spinola's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
Black people use term nigger , the term was coined by blacks, the blacks also started slave trading other blacks, so WTF is the problem with whitey ?

Very insecure.
__________________
Don't just stare at intraday volatility....... EAT IT!
spinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:53pm   #11
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o'Clubs View Post
Top Gear used to be a motoring programme reviewing Austin Allegros and Peugeot estates and watched by the sort of person who joined the Civil Service Motoring Association and took the Institute of Advanced Motorists exams. And wore faux-leather driving gloves. It had minimal viewing figures and the BBC nearly dropped it. Then Clarkson came along and turned it into prime time entertainment with an audience of millions and the BBCs biggest export earner. Even if you hate him, you owe him a debt of gratitude that the money he's made for the BBC allows them to finance whatever worthy programming you'd rather watch instead. So yes, 0007 is spot on, he is Top Gear, and quite a bit more than that too.

Should he be censured for swinging at a junior producer? Dunno, but seeing as earlier versions of the story suggested he'd hit a woman, let's just wait for the facts before deciding, eh?
Wait for the facts indeed. Never said he hit anyone. This isn't the first tantrum by an over paid donk. Not the last. It's a two way street.

This is the kind of expectation that gets my goat. Debt of gratitude???? Get a grip - he gets paid shed loads of money. It's called work.

The allowances that are made for the wealthy and rich compared to low lives for minor offences is truly remarkable.


So tell us have you ever had to go hungry where business took precedence over your creature comforts?


The guy is an imbecile and acts like it just because he is what? You are so generous at giving him all the credit and not much to the BBC its organisers or their attempts to change the format of the program.

I think we should have a vote?
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:56pm   #12
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinola View Post
Black people use term nigger , the term was coined by blacks, the blacks also started slave trading other blacks, so WTF is the problem with whitey ?

Very insecure.
Not true at all.

Comes from the latin word for black - negro, and it is a derogatory term.


It's a little like you disciplining your child where you may slap him?

Don't know if you are a parent but how would you feel if another stranger slapped your child. ????
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:06pm   #13
 
Jack o'Clubs's Avatar
Joined Sep 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
You are so generous at giving him all the credit and not much to the BBC its organisers or their attempts to change the format of the programme
If I recall correctly, when 'original' Top Gear was taken off the air and turned into the dull-but-worthy Fifth Gear on C5 (yes, including a glam but useless female presenter), it was Clarkson who pitched the idea to the BBC of relaunching it as an entertainment programme rather than 'motoring magazine'. He owned a stake in the format rights before selling them to the BBC. So yes, he deserves the credit....

PS you should see the abuse a junior gets on a trading desk for getting the lunch order wrong. A punch in the face would be light relief
Jack o'Clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:14pm   #14
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o'Clubs View Post
If I recall correctly, when 'original' Top Gear was taken off the air and turned into the dull-but-worthy Fifth Gear on C5 (yes, including a glam but useless female presenter), it was Clarkson who pitched the idea to the BBC of relaunching it as an entertainment programme rather than 'motoring magazine'. He owned a stake in the format rights before selling them to the BBC. So yes, he deserves the credit....

PS you should see the abuse a junior gets on a trading desk for getting the lunch order wrong. A punch in the face would be light relief

Haha, not where I work. I do trade floor support. Doesn't make it right either. Traders **** us off they don't get the service. They soon understand what works and what doesn't.

Coming back to subject his sold his rights so he should sod off.

I used to watch Channel 5.

Program formats come and go. No one is irreplaceable. Tyrants come and go.

Hitlers are made not born. Give someone enough rope and they'll hang them selves.

He could start his own program or go to C4 like Jonathon Ross and see what happens?

Justifications people coming up for that idiot smacks of desperation.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out.
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:11am   #15
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.
 
counter_violent's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
Clarkson should tell the beeb to go swivel......he doesn't need them.....but on the other hand !!!



__________________
Spreading the madness across this suite of forums.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clarkson rides again and upsets the locals 0007 The Foyer 9 Oct 4, 2014 9:42am
Clarkson on the economy Hoggums The Foyer 17 Dec 15, 2008 4:56pm
jeremy isaacs where has he gone?? Pitscum General Trading Chat 0 Oct 7, 2008 7:17pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)