Are We All Living In The Matrix?

This is a discussion on Are We All Living In The Matrix? within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; What if you have lived all your life in a sensory duplication machine and only now have you found out ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:06pm   #22

Joined Dec 2003
starspacer started this thread What if you have lived all your life in a sensory duplication machine and only now have you found out that you are part of The Matrix?

What if I said that right now you have a bank account on the planet Zepetes with 1 million tons of gold deposited in your name? Unfortunately, Zepetes is invisible and can’t be detected by normal means. Does this mean that this ‘reality’ is empty since there is no possible way of experiencing the sensory pleasures of owning all that wealth? Is The Matrix such an empty ‘reality’?

starspacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:35pm   #23

Joined Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by starspacer
What if you have lived all your life in a sensory duplication machine and only now have you found out that you are part of The Matrix?

What if I said that right now you have a bank account on the planet Zepetes with 1 million tons of gold deposited in your name? Unfortunately, Zepetes is invisible and can’t be detected by normal means. Does this mean that this ‘reality’ is empty since there is no possible way of experiencing the sensory pleasures of owning all that wealth? Is The Matrix such an empty ‘reality’?
To tell or not to tell, that is the dilemma. How can you tell without teling? And what is worse, if you do tell, how are you going to do it ? The problem is no one will believe you, but I know you know.that I know you know .

Kind Regards.
SOCRATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:02am   #24

Joined Nov 2001
Lightbulb Dial up a sensation - change your reality

wheres the control panel for this sensory duplication machine
Old Feb 18, 2006, 2:18pm   #25

Joined Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
You yourself are the control panel, and the buttons, dimmers, levers, on / off switch etc.,
Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:01am   #26

Joined Dec 2003
starspacer started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
If you found the control panel and escaped The Matrix would you choose to come back and inform all those still within the Matrix? Do you think they would be grateful, or would you be considered a nut?

starspacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:01pm   #27

Joined Apr 2004
If you were a goldfish, confined to a goldfish bowl, and you were set free, would you prefer freedom or the bowl, if it meant that to come back just to tell the other goldfish imprisoned there, that there is free life outside the glass bowl, would cost you your own freedom ? Then no one would win, would they ? And that, is the dilemma. .....For the goldfish, that is...

Last edited by SOCRATES; Feb 19, 2006 at 7:22pm. Reason: Adding "for the goldfish, that is...."
Old Feb 19, 2006, 6:37pm   #28
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by starspacer
[font=Arial][color=blue]
But how do you know you weren’t plugged in at birth? Do you think you could tell?
Ultimately, yes indeed!
There are laws imposed by man and then there are natural or ‘universal laws’. (Who imposes these is a question for Socrates and the theologians!) But they exist nonetheless. For example, one law is that of constancy and eternity. Anything true is constant or eternal. Another law is that of changeability or variability. Anything true is variable. For example, it is true to say that the world is in a content state of change and will be thus forever more. Therefore, something changes and something becomes the cause of change. The matrix is not 'true' and, therefore, it is not constant and eternal. So, sooner or later there would be a glitch in the power supply and the matrix would shut down.
Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote