A clever plan!

This is a discussion on A clever plan! within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Hi - Found this site (via anews article) and thought I would pass it on www.treeofnames.com A 13 year old ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 29, 2005, 7:23pm   #1
 
6 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
A clever plan!

Hi - Found this site (via anews article) and thought I would pass it on www.treeofnames.com A 13 year old lad from Wales is raising money for his education/a childrens charity - clever site and well wortha read. I enjoyed his blog! Only costs £1 to buy a plot - people are sending christmas greeting and things - respect!
Maxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:12pm   #2
 
StMartin's Avatar
 
5 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Thanks for the link. It's alot like the Million Dollar Homepage project.
StMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:42pm   #3
 
Tabasco's Avatar
Joined Oct 2004
Thanks for the link Maxell
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 5:26pm   #4
 
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
wow, he's sold 85,500 spaces already. That's pretty amazing....
moneyworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:16am   #5
 
Old_Bob's Avatar
Joined Oct 2004
I have just put my block up . Keep it going on
Old_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:16am   #6
 
DaveJB's Avatar
Joined Dec 2002
Hang on... 10% goes to charity, and the other 90% goes into the site owners pocket? It's a clever plan okay....
DaveJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:27am   #7
 
6 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Maxell started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJB
Hang on... 10% goes to charity, and the other 90% goes into the site owners pocket? It's a clever plan okay....
Yeh that's what I wondered but if you read it carefully, think it was in blog, he givesa break down of £1 - 25% is paypal fees plus a load of other stuff including education courses so I personally think the boy is cool. When you look at stuff like million dollar page and see him making a million surely as traders the least we can do is support a kid trying to do something of hios own back. Anyway that's just my opinion.
Maxell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:39pm   #8
 
DaveJB's Avatar
Joined Dec 2002
Can't see a cost breakdown, but from what I have read it looks like this:
Kid doesn't get on in the normal school system to the extent he pulls out of school - well sorry, but I have a problem with that... go read comments on the Times Education Supplement website, you'll find a fair number of comments from teachers and articles about the problems kids face in obtaining an education when those who don't 'mix' are sitting in their class.

Education in the UK is free, and all you have to do is turn up and behave yourself to collect it.
DaveJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jens Clever ???? Salty Gibbon Educational Resources 11 Jan 3, 2009 3:36am
Article: Following the Clever Money T2W Bot Educational Resources 18 Sep 3, 2005 10:28am
Clever Dick ANGELO The Foyer 16 Jul 29, 2005 10:07am
JesterX (Jens Clever) TheBramble T2W Feedback & Announcements 9 May 31, 2005 1:55pm
Things said by Clever Buggers. zigglewigler General Trading Chat 10 May 21, 2005 10:16am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)