A new way of Making Money Online

This is a discussion on A new way of Making Money Online within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Whilst trading during the daytime, I get a lot of spare time and so I occupy myself by searching for ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21, 2005, 11:44pm   #1
Joined Mar 2004
A new way of Making Money Online

Whilst trading during the daytime, I get a lot of spare time and so I occupy myself by searching for other ways to make money.
I've always been looking for new ways of making money online.
It's what I like to do.

Ideally, I'd like to have a business running online in an automated fashion.

Although my "Mechanical Discretion" ebook sales bring in some money, it's not what I'm after.

I don't want to make money off ebook sales - that's extra money on the side.

Anyway, in my searches (sometimes till 3am in the morning), I recently came across one online business which seemed too good to be true at the time.

So I did a search on the internet and found hundreds of testimonials from people making money with this business.

The capital required is just $10 and you're in business.

It's fairly long winded and I've written a piece on it already.
Instead of me explaining everything here,
go and read my piece about this particular online business by clicking here.

Let me know what you think,

JH
Old May 22, 2005, 12:28am   #2
Joined Aug 2003
I'm getting 'Page cannot be displayed'.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:44am   #3

Joined Dec 2002
It's a ***** chain letter, unless I'm bery much mistaken - you pay $10 a week for umpty ump, after n months you then get all sorts of compound nonsense... as usual the promise is money for nothing, the reality is going to be nothing for money (unless you are one of the ones to get in early).

I'd be quite surprised to find this is legal, to be honest.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:51am   #4

Joined Mar 2003
I fear you're perilously close to contravening our Site Guidelines with your linked affiliate "review", JetHeat. I'll let this one go in light of your past contributions to the site, but would politely warn you not to repeat it. Thanks.
Old May 22, 2005, 2:41am   #5
Joined Mar 2004
Jetheat started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugi
I fear you're perilously close to contravening our Site Guidelines with your linked affiliate "review", JetHeat. I'll let this one go in light of your past contributions to the site, but would politely warn you not to repeat it. Thanks.
Sorry frugi, I didn't know that this was not allowed. I thought I could place any classified here.
Can you please guide me as to what I can place in the classified section?

mutantcar, maybe it's your firewall. I can open the page from my end ok.

DaveJB, That's exactly what it's not. I suppose you just skimmed the page I wrote coz I explained there that it was not pyramiding or chain letters or any of that rubbish.
It's not even Network Marketing and you don't have to recruit anyone.
Please try reading the whole thing plus the 2 links I gave.

JH
Old May 22, 2005, 3:40am   #6

Joined Mar 2003
No need to apologise, Jetheat, as the rules of our fora are not always perfectly clear, I grant you.

The Classifieds forum is provided as a free facility for members who wish to sell items they possess on a one-off basis, such as a book, set of CDs, pair of trousers etc. that they no longer have use for. However it is not there to provide them with an easy means of advertising a product that they wish to sell to more than one buyer. There is a personal/business divide, if you like. In your post you provided a link to your e-book (which presumably can be distributed to anyone who wishes to buy it) and also a positive review of an, imho, rather dubious service that, crucially, contained a plea to anyone that chose to buy it to mention your name; presumably you profit in some way from anyone who does this (?). While an impartial review of any product, system or service is welcomed, one that allows the 'reviewer' to profit from it is not, even if their motives are entirely honest.

I hope I have made the distinction sufficiently clear. If not feel free to PM me. (It is late and my clarity may not be up to the usual standard )
Old May 22, 2005, 3:47am   #7
Joined Mar 2004
Jetheat started this thread You're quite right when you say that I profit from it.
It is one of the reasons I wrote the piece. However, I genuinely believe that the product can benefit everyone else also. I just hate recommending stuff to people which just don't work in the long run.
So I did my due diligence with the company involved and talked to a lot of people and I came to the conclusion that this was real.
I even committed my own money to it.

Anyway, I do apologise for breaking the rules here. Won't happen again. Feel free to lock or close this thread if you wish to do so.

Thanks

JH
Old May 22, 2005, 1:55pm   #8

Joined Dec 2002
Hi,
I did read the links actually.
It still reads, to me, as a disguised chain letter arrangement.
Dave
Closed Thread