Plunge protection Team

This is a discussion on Plunge protection Team within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Reagan established a "working group on financial mkts" in 88 as a result of the 87 crash. To make the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17, 2004, 1:35pm   #21
Joined Nov 2003
Reagan established a "working group on financial mkts" in 88 as a result of the 87 crash. To make the connection between this group and the "PPT" is fanciful.

I dont share your pessimistic view of America. Severe stagflation ? ......... I dont believe it.
qaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 2:23pm   #22
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
TWI started this thread Time will tell but seriously in my opinion all the real, unmanipulated stats are showing that stagflation is a likely outcome of the current situation. The economy is far more fragile than Greenie would have us believe all this talk of a heatlthy economy begs the question why interest rates are still at emergency levels encouraging more credit to swill around, increasing overall debt that already stands, when excluding the borrowings of banks and the federal government, at a record 163% of GDP.

Cranking it up a notch, that is, of course if we do not have a military coup first.

From todays guardian:
"In 1992, General Colin Powell, chairman of the joint chiefs, awarded the prize for his strategy essay competition at the National Defence University to Lieutenant Colonel Charles Dunlap for The Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012. His cautionary tale imagined an incapable civilian government creating a vacuum that drew a competent military into a coup disastrous for democracy. The military, of course, is bound to uphold the constitution. But Dunlap wrote: "The catastrophe that occurred on our watch took place because we failed to speak out against policies we knew were wrong. It's too late for me to do any more. But it's not for you."

The Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012 is today circulating among top US military strategists. "

entire article is here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...215613,00.html