Range bars

This is a discussion on Range bars within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hi Traders, I seen a few articles of late about range bars charts v's time charts and i was wondering ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:39am   #1
Joined Jul 2009
Range bars

Hi Traders,

I seen a few articles of late about range bars charts v's time charts and i was wondering if if anyone uses range bars instead of time charts and what are the advantages/disadvantages of using range bars??
TradingFX is one of the sites i have seen using them which seemed to make alot of sense after watching there vids as i'm led to believe that signals are generated sooner rather than lagging.
TradingFX does offer a demo for a short period of time but does anyone know of any other company that offers a longer trial period.

Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Regards

Dan.
danga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 2:15pm   #2

Joined Aug 2008
Re: Range bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by danga View Post
Hi Traders,

I seen a few articles of late about range bars charts v's time charts and i was wondering if if anyone uses range bars instead of time charts and what are the advantages/disadvantages of using range bars??
TradingFX is one of the sites i have seen using them which seemed to make alot of sense after watching there vids as i'm led to believe that signals are generated sooner rather than lagging.
TradingFX does offer a demo for a short period of time but does anyone know of any other company that offers a longer trial period.

Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

Regards

Dan.
Time to Revive this Thread

WOW, it is obvious that no one here has a clue about RANGE BARS..........

Read more about them here ------------->

http://www.greattradingsystems.com/2...1/#comment-870

And the indicator you are looking for is here, warning $30 USA -------->

http://www.the-forex-strategy.com/in...ngebars-plugin

BUT, you can see it in action here for free --------->

Finally, here is a screen shot of an 8 pip, range bar, notice how bars always close at the high or low, that is because that is when the 8 pip requirement is met, the wick can only be on one end or the other.
Attached Thumbnails
example-8-pip-range.jpg  
The_Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 8:59am   #3

Joined Aug 2008

found this indicator for FREE - you have to sign up but not a problem

Range Bars for Metatrader
The_Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:09pm   #4

Joined Jun 2009

I purchased the Range bar indicator for mt4, and I am very impressed. I will probably trade with them from now on. Not a bad price for $30usd.

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing. Abraham Lincoln

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." Elliott Wave, Intl.
forexkunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:22am   #5
Joined Feb 2012
Free Reliable Range Bar Indicators

Free Reliable Range Bars Indicators

Free indicators at end of post - see Constant Range Detector. Scroll down to - Constant Range Indicators and Constant Range Information

Click the image to open in full size.
Phylo is offline   Reply With Quote