Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

This is a discussion on Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I thought that correlation and inter-market analysis factored only in decision making decision making... :-/ If you're making trades based ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:57pm   #33
Joined May 2008
I thought that correlation and inter-market analysis factored only in decision making decision making... :-/ If you're making trades based on correlation shouldn't you just pick the ones that offers the highest return for the least risk and size accordingly otherwise you're just paying twice the commission.
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:10pm   #34
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Nvp ?.......

NVP started this thread Hi Ivan

using Dynamic and innnovative thinking...........its my initials (!!!)
if only my trading plans were that logical

Without going through all your posts I have to ask the obvious....is that you and if so do you work on Fishing Trawlers ? (and there we were getting on so well)

Neil

PS the Avatar is the earliest example of Correlation Charts by a chap called
Jackson Pollock.....unfortunately he tried to corrolate 80 Global currencies on one chart and it looked like this.............Still got about $40m for it at last auction I believe, so hope for us all !
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:16pm   #35
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
More info.........

NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technically Fundamental View Post
I thought that correlation and inter-market analysis factored only in decision making decision making... :-/ If you're making trades based on correlation shouldn't you just pick the ones that offers the highest return for the least risk and size accordingly otherwise you're just paying twice the commission.
Hi TF and welcome !

Please could you elaborate a little here......I can then show my lack of knowledge in so many areas of this subject and call for help !

Neil
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:58pm   #36
Joined May 2008
I don't know much about it myself mate, I'm just learning like you.
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 2:44pm   #37
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Ha Ha

NVP started this thread Well TF

until ingot54 gets home from work we have no one else to help us do we (ha ha ha )

Neil
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:02pm   #38
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...-strategy.html

sorry this has been posted twice !!!!

Last edited by NVP; Aug 28, 2009 at 3:04pm. Reason: Being stupid
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:03pm   #39
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Gone Fishing.....

NVP started this thread hmmm - This looks interesting...and some Heavy dudes involved in the Discussions

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...-strategy.html

seems to have gone flat though Despite some superb (non) comments from me at the time

Neil

Last edited by NVP; Aug 28, 2009 at 3:29pm. Reason: Realised I was involved in that thread !
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:43pm   #40
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
checkout Post #23 in above

NVP started this thread Hoorah - thanks Anna at last an explanation for this pitiful Thread......

correlation currencies currency trading pairs correlate euro dollar dollar swiss positive negative

this outlines the Grid references earlier in thread and the +/- percentages that most people associate with correlations.....and theres a Breadmaking page !

I will show you how these apply to my FXCORRELATOR chart Next

more hunting, hunting...........
Neil