Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

This is a discussion on Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; heres the week so far from weekend opens ...........this is a fixed FXcorrelator with no MA skew.. nice shape to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:23pm   #21766
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread heres the week so far from weekend opens ...........this is a fixed FXcorrelator with no MA skew..

nice shape to market so far ......red GBP is THE Alpha Bull to buy ....lets see if it crashes that R ceiling its on some 120 pips up from asian opens sunday night

Grey Swissie getting hurt .........USD midway as usual ...shame it hasnt fallen more to increase Cable returns

yellow Yen is net bear....its been very quiet so far this week ............just you wait !!!

the big play in hindsight was buying GBPCHF........but thats another story....for another Time ....I trade the weeks plays totally differently to my scalping sessions London and US opens ....

N
Attached Thumbnails
week-soi-far-fixed-fxcorrelator.jpg  

Last edited by NVP; Sep 25, 2018 at 6:29pm.
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 6:54am   #21767

7 Posts
Joined Sep 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
hey there ...load up my FXcorrelator as already posted earlier today

heres the 20ma on a 5min chart ....look at the red GBP ???

this is over simple ....but only look to buy cable when the red gbp is above the zero line and the green usd is below ......

3 massive trades today ......nice !

N

ps its not always this simple .....but the indicator starts making things look clearer if you want to see what currencies are doing relative to each other ......the more you look and practice the more you see......ive been doing iot for 20 years now so in truth it does get easier i promise .....if you know what to look for !

thanks sir i will definitely download this and do study on it and share study with you also and than please guide me if i go wrong somewhere....
mn_sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:48am   #21768
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_sho View Post
thanks sir i will definitely download this and do study on it and share study with you also and than please guide me if i go wrong somewhere....
please share any thoughts and questions here M, so many people have questions on correlations and strengthmeters but dont post them ....... and unfortunately so many traders people use them incorrectly and inefficiently in my opinion ...missing out on so so much valuable information

N
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:51am   #21769
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey Gang .....no trading today and most of next week we are moving over next few days

I am still around so feel free to contact me ......pms or emails to FXCorrelator@gmail.com

the distraction will be a blessing ......this moving stuff bores me rigid !

N
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:15am   #21770
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread still out of action as lots of builders to sort out and my new trading room is full of junk still.....grrrr

trading on a small laptop with nothing else is no good for me and my scalping ...i need at least 3 screens up and minimum 2 laptops running for the speed of execution

CAD and USD having a grrrreat week so far .......AUD and NZD decent sells alongside a bearish EURO

have a good week
N
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:28am   #21771
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread morning all.....I have been watching market this morning .....but its slow so far

a little selling on Euro (Especially E/J) has been possible but peanuts

N
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:03pm   #21772
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey all....i'm still pretty tied up waiting for my new trading room to be finished

Anyway heres last week on a fixed Start FXCorrelator

Winner :red GBP takes bull title again this week ...great run up from Thursday !
Losers: Bearish Orange AUD and Turquoise NZD got clobbered from Wednesday ....ouch !

the all powerful green USD was pretty bull all week alongside yellow yen ....offered decent pairings with those bear currencies already mentioned .....only Euro offered a few decent sells midweek if you stick to European USD crosses...

Best trade of the week (trade taken at start of Asian session Sunday nights)....

Brown CAD looked like it was easily going to be the alpha Bull this week going into Thursday Asian ...then the sky fell in !.......

so either buying GBPAUD or GBPNZD delivered over 500 pips this week ....and with only a 30ish pip drawdown.......hindsight is a great thing eh ?

have a great weekend .......its back to the building work for me !

N
Attached Thumbnails
g8-forex-week-ended-5th-oct-2018.jpg  
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:09am   #21773
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread managing to get some scalping in today .....

great mornings action ..............GBP is going due south all london session so far

easy meat selling cable below 1.3100 to 3050s so far

Yen is a mirror image of GBP but going bull ...........so EJ sells ok in my stable

N
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:55am   #21774
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread managing a little trading this morning alongside noisy builders !....who seem to have become trading experts over the last few days .....happy to tell me what to do ....hahahahahaha

tricky from 6am this morning ......USD has eventually come bull offering some brief opportunities selling EU in european stable ........really you've had to go to selling the Aussie Crosses to make solid pips so far ...........we need europe to weaken for more USD pair opportunities

pass the hammer........
N
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:43am   #21775
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread morning all........

another early session before the builders and noise decends on the house !

not to bad .........European currencies all under nice selling pressure......usd is looking more and more bullish now early london and im in on cable and EU............Clear price zones formed with Cable safeish/tradable below 3220's and likewise EU below 1550s.........
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:19am   #21776
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey all

messy morning ......USD not really signaling much and twitchy....

ive been selling EU but getting faked out now.....GBP going stronger now.....but i dont like correlation patterns on various currency triage patterns I look for .....

CAD is strong .....

as for the week so far ....

Good week for the Yen .........been 150+ pips at times but coming off now

Bad week so far for the CAD.....over 200 pips down from asians on sunday.....we may see a rally today i feel so watch that US session later

USd generally bear this week so far from late tuesday ....so solid pips buying Cable and selling U/J from that time ......

play of the week is Selling CADJPY..........bit too exotic for me .....

N
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:40pm   #21777
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread I have struggled to find time this afternoon as tied up with builders....

GBP has sold off alongside Euro ........usd is bullish , but yen is the Buy so far

nice end to the week

N
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:33am   #21778
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread morning all .........trying to scalp amongst the building work going on .....at least my builders know their cable from their loonie now !

ok easy meat today so far ...........gbp is progressively gaining through session.....most other currencies selling .........

Cable tradeable from 3150s to 3190s so far .........im not chasing any other pairs at moment as no need

although Euro is getting better so buying EU / EJ also interesting

N
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:48pm   #21779
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey all

sorry re lack of posts.....ive been helping on the house renovation and also spending some time talking to a few Trader mates I used to mentor ....... been fun and a pleasant distraction from stripping wallpaper !

its been a fairly tight day today in the G8 forex market ..........the 8 currencies hung really tight until us opened ........(so the london morning session was light)

GBP has sold off swinging 50 pips from its London highs....Yen is the alpha Bull now up 60+ pips from London low ......most other currencies are pretty tight rangy .......

for the week i was expecting more action off the GBP .....the brexit rumours are off the charts so i thought it would really make cable a go to pair all week.....and is was monday / tuesday with cable bull going well.....selling off since .....

NZD kiwi dollar is buy of the week ......well done if you bought it ......but beware tomorrow and traders closing trades .......yen , Euro , even USD all been weak at times ......pretty evenly spread

have a good evening gang
N