Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

This is a discussion on Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; ok the market more rangy now euro still worth rebuying on bounces north , similarly for GBP usd and yen ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:56am   #21361
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread ok the market more rangy now

euro still worth rebuying on bounces north , similarly for GBP

usd and yen still trendy south those those are the best combos as pairs this morning so far

have a good one
N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:15pm   #21362

2 Posts
Joined Jun 2018
Hello NVP,.Could you modify Triple Corrie that showing currency name when mouse point at the currency line. It will be a perfect indicator. I am a blind color.
Thank you
Warren59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:47pm   #21363
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren59 View Post
Hello NVP,.Could you modify Triple Corrie that showing currency name when mouse point at the currency line. It will be a perfect indicator. I am a blind color.
Thank you
hey warren

sorry - i'm not that good a programmer these days ....feel free to ask a programmer to amend it yourself .......theres no copyright on that one

go to any of the big programming sites...someone on freelancer.com will do that for $20 max ....

N
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:48pm   #21364
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey gang .....im on vacation for a while now

will pop in from time to time though

N
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:19am   #21365
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey gang

on vacation .....although it’s been hotter in the uk than where i am !!

will be back soon.....hope you are all doing ok

N
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:41pm   #21366
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread back on thursday in UK ...been chilling mainly ....well apart from the england games !

also been doing a lot of work on mental attitude and meditation / visualisation ....really interesting

see you all soon

N
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:41pm   #21367
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread nice steady morning .....

yen and usd were the buys .......30-40 Pip moves from 6am BST

GBP sold well at times but choppy !
Aussie, Kiwi , Euro worth selling

heres GU this morning .....

good trading
N
Attached Thumbnails
gu-sells.jpg  
Old Yesterday, 10:34pm   #21368

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2018
This is a great thread, really helpful

I've learned a lot from this forum, however, I was wondering, is there any rooms listed here where you can learn about trading a bit more? like a live thing, The only one I know is the flowshark one, its free and live, however they're more of a morning thing, I was wanting to go more into the afternoon
James_traderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13pm   #21369
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_traderguy View Post
I've learned a lot from this forum, however, I was wondering, is there any rooms listed here where you can learn about trading a bit more? like a live thing, The only one I know is the flowshark one, its free and live, however they're more of a morning thing, I was wanting to go more into the afternoon
hey james - thanks for the kind comments

sorry i do not use anyones trading rooms ...free or subscription based so i cannot recommend anything

i know a few good traders i WOULD probably recommend if they did this ....but in truth they are to busy making money to open trading rooms .....

if you get my drift

N
Old Today, 12:21pm   #21370
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey all

steady morning .....no complaints

usd has been mainly bear from 6am BST.....so ive been selling the greenback in my main scalp trades

mainly hitting european currencies ........euro , GBP ....even swissie ....europeans deffo in bull command so far

heres gu with a 20 fxcorrelator in action on a 1 min TF .....red is GBP , green is USD .....for various reasons i did not sell it earlier in session ....ive been waiting on usd sells ...

nice from 1.3240's to 3290s so far .......

N
Attached Thumbnails
gu-buys.jpg  
Old Today, 2:09pm   #21371
Joined May 2014
Hi,
I modified one of your correlation Indicators (hope you dont mind). Thought it would be easier to see if the currencies are diverging or converging using a histogram rather than guess at the distance between the lines. It only displays for the current chart pair so you just drop it onto the chart.

If you think its useful i am happy to share it here (though its not really 'production code', was more of a hack out my thoughts as i was getting them).
Attached Thumbnails
gbpusd-sbm5.png  
BadRobot is offline   Reply With Quote