Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

This is a discussion on Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; yesterdays NFP was relatively low impact on markets .....usd selling off gradually post event if you recall in my earlier ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:19am   #21136
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread yesterdays NFP was relatively low impact on markets .....usd selling off gradually post event

if you recall in my earlier posts i was REALLY trying to sell off CAD ....anticipating Trader weekend Closeouts from earlier gains in the week

cad did selloff a little more us session but really it meant a bit of a bear bunfight with a falling USD as well ........meaning it was not that profitable to trade that pair .....

i did take a few positions range trading as Ucad kept bouncing above 2750 ....but hardly a pip fest and Ucad never got anywhere near he higher prices i was hoping

the real play was GBP Bull ........it had a great US session putting on some 50 pips on its own steam ..............so with most other currencies falling (including USD) there was plenty of pips on offer

the right timing on Cable could have bagged you some 70 pips ...........

have a good weekend
N
Attached Thumbnails
post-nfp.jpg  

Last edited by NVP; Apr 7, 2018 at 9:29am.
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:20pm   #21137
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey all

ggggreat session now ............GBP has been the bull play from 7am london opens .......but its taken most of the morning to persuade the usd to FINALLY start selling

ive been hitting cable from the support levels shown ...4090's not rocket science although harder to spot the GBP opportunities unless you were using strengthmeters like my FXcorrelator

aside from that the AUD and CAD** are the hard sellers so far .....so there were opps selling those guys earlier into usd as well

have a good session this afternoon

N

** CAD is getting creamed now from last weeks gains !
Attached Thumbnails
london-opens-9th-april.jpg  
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:58am   #21138
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread hey all

good week in markets

CAD has been THE buy ..its put on around 160 pips this week but looks susceptable to selling in US session ...so be warned

swissie and yen have been the main sellers ........again watch the buys in us session

usd has been mainly bear so i have focused on selling it this week during key times .....Cable has had some nice bull runs .....especially yesterday

ok have a good weekend gang

N
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:51am   #21139

Joined Dec 2002
morning Neil
Any tips for Grand National, please dont post selections on Monday (lol)
be-positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:55pm   #21140
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by be-positive View Post
morning Neil
Any tips for Grand National, please dont post selections on Monday (lol)
hi there....

despite my childhood and adolescence in the horseracing/bookmaking business

i'm not that clued in these days ......so sorry no tips !

if the going is half decent then dont stray out of the top 5 rated horses for the winner

N
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:59pm   #21141
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
hey all

good week in markets

CAD has been THE buy ..its put on around 160 pips this week but looks susceptable to selling in US session ...so be warned

swissie and yen have been the main sellers ........again watch the buys in us session

usd has been mainly bear so i have focused on selling it this week during key times .....Cable has had some nice bull runs .....especially yesterday

ok have a good weekend gang

N

ref my calls above .........too easy .............from the 20ma Strengthmeter below look how Bull (positive > Zero line )the yellow yen was and look how Bear (negative < Zero line) the brown CAD was ......find the pairs on those guys and hit them .......even selling CAD/YEN although a little funky as a pair for my tastes .........UCAD buys was good enough for me for bear CAD

N
Attached Thumbnails
20-ma-5min-fxcorrelator.jpg   sell-cad-us-session-13th-april.jpg  

Last edited by NVP; Apr 14, 2018 at 1:28pm.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:16am   #21142
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread morning all

nice selloff on the greenback usd so far london session ........ive been buying cable on dips ....EU ok as well at times .....a little EJ bull action as well

just following the G8 flow as normal ....

GBP is having a GREAT week so far ....some 100 pips up already !!!

N
Attached Thumbnails
17th-april.jpg  
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:30am   #21143
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread heres a simple FXCorrelator on a 20ma setting ...15 m charts

look at how much time the RED GBP has spent ABOVE the Zero line ??

that is a huge continued BULL signal to buy GBP in pairs (suggest selling currenccies into GBP that are below zero line)

it can be that simple guys .......

N
Attached Thumbnails
17th-april.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:09am   #21144
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread rollercoaster week on Sterling ...after a great monday / tuesday of gains.... it swung over 200 pips bear to end friday

if you called cable sells from mid wednesday you are a genius - respect

N
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:33pm   #21145
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread humdinger of a morning ........

usd got bull as london warmed up ......clear buy but stalling at moment

took a while but finally the gbp sold off hard ........

my best pair has been selling cable then ......most other currencies have been a little flat so far ..................swissie has been a strong bull but with usd bull as well i didnt play it ....

ive also shown a simple FXcorrelator on a 20ma 5min TF

i was already looking for cable selling (long story) ...and the 2 clear signals when those lines got above/ below the zero made it easy

Note - i dont normally trade the MA based fxcorrelator (availabvle free in links area below) in my day to day trading as i have other more advanced derivatives i now use ....but the principle is still there on this classic indicator ..... and very useable !!

N
Attached Thumbnails
cable.jpg   fxcorrelator-20ma.jpg  

Last edited by NVP; Apr 23, 2018 at 1:40pm.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:55pm   #21146
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread nearly 70 pips north now for usd index from 6am this morning ....storming !!!

swissie is similar ..great day for them so far

yen and cad have been the best sells more recently ......GBP cant get south much

have a good day
N
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:38am   #21147
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread usd strong this morning.....so far gbp been the main seller
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:58am   #21148
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread cable held the 3950 levels and now back selling to 3940s
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:11am   #21149

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
cable held the 3950 levels and now back selling to 3940s
the tide has changed direction
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:20am   #21150

Joined Dec 2002
and that happened just before 10am (@52)