What are your favourite currency pairs?

This is a discussion on What are your favourite currency pairs? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by NVP they do have different personalities.....dependent on the pair / mix EUR USD is a solid and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:23pm   #31
Joined Aug 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
they do have different personalities.....dependent on the pair / mix

EUR USD is a solid and fairly steady pair as both currencies display that personality......some currencies are more volatile than these guys and display different correlation behaviours

I will trade EU most London open mornings if its looking favourable (a few chances this morning for example to sell EU) .....my other favourite is Cable in the London morning session

once NY opens its "game" on as theres a lot more movement on the G8 .....happy to hit most usd crosses then

N
The other great thing about EUR/USD is that it has the smallest spread out of all currency pairs and it's quite volatile, so it's very useful if you want to scalp.
markallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:26am   #32

8 Posts
Joined Oct 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by markallen View Post
Does anyone here like trading any exotic currency pairs?
Idon't like exotics because their wild spreads make them too expensive for trading.
Smurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:50am   #33
aa9
Joined Oct 2018
EUR/USD and USD/JPY.
aa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:11pm   #34
Joined Apr 2016
Most of the traders are having choice of EUR with different currency because it is the most traded currency.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:19pm   #35
Joined Nov 2014
Most popular pairs are USDJPY and EURUSD, I saw a lot of trading robots built for them.
hatemypips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:43pm   #36
Joined Aug 2018
Does anyone here like trading with what would be considered an exotic currency pair?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:18am   #37
aa9
Joined Oct 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by markallen View Post
Does anyone here like trading with what would be considered an exotic currency pair?
spreads are far higher than what i can swing. so i trade with basics only.
aa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:33am   #38

Joined Mar 2004
I watch
Aud/….
Eur/…
Gbp/…
Usd/…
gold

They keep me busy without too many nasty shocks. Down Donald......bad dog !

Let your hero loose.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:15pm   #39
Joined Aug 2018
Sometimes I watch silver too, occasionally it has some good movements that I use.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:28pm   #40
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
trading is about making money .........and like any business you have to streamline costs ....

spreads are an expensive but necessary cost of doing business in trading and thats why i avoid a lot of exotics and other markets .........they cost a fortune to trade ....win or lose ......so its a no win situation

every small % edge helps in trading .....Euro pairs and USD pairs are cheapest spreads generally ....so i will stick on those mainly - unless i really see a G8 pairing i like and am going for more of a positional trade on higher TFs ....spread costs do scale down at these levels .....

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 6:06pm   #41
Joined Aug 2018
If you're looking for a small spread when you trade EUR/USD is the pair you want, there is no doubt about that.