Where in the cycle are the major currencies?

This is a discussion on Where in the cycle are the major currencies? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by piphoe is your economist rich? I don't have an economist so your guess is as good as ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:19pm   #9
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
is your economist rich?
I don't have an economist so your guess is as good as mine. What I can tell you though is every professional forex trader I have engaged with at investment banks and hedge funds trade fundamentally and they all own multiple properties globally and regularly switch between high powered sports cars. Show me a single trader playing with only charts that replicates that success! Doubt you can.
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:31pm   #10

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
I don't have an economist so your guess is as good as mine. What I can tell you though is every professional forex trader I have engaged with at investment banks and hedge funds trade fundamentally and they all own multiple properties globally and regularly switch between high powered sports cars. Show me a single trader playing with only charts that replicates that success! Doubt you can.

i can't. i am not a professional. if YOU are god bless you
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:35pm   #11
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
do you want to be an economist, or you want to trader?

pick: economist, really cushy job. your never proved WRONG
This is a good example of someone that doesn't understand how trading fundamentally works. It's not about prediction models that economists use. Trading fundamentally for the short term is about trading events where new information drives the pricing in of that information in context to the bigger picture. Trying to compare this with an economist is nonsensical.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:44pm   #12

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
This is a good example of someone that doesn't understand how trading fundamentally works. It's not about prediction models that economists use. Trading fundamentally for the short term is about trading events where new information drives the pricing in of that information in context to the bigger picture. Trying to compare this with an economist is nonsensical.
start a poll..almost everyone here is trading off a chart or two vs "fundamentals"...

whatever that is
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:50pm   #13

Joined Oct 2015
almost one here is trading off your geopolitical crap
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:52pm   #14
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
start a poll..almost everyone here is trading off a chart or two vs "fundamentals"...

whatever that is
Why would I place any credibility on a poll made up of a segment of trading that has 90 to 95 percent unsuccessful traders? Just look at this site for example. Over 340k people have registered on it over the years and we have about 100 active accounts currently (adminis might be able to quote the real number but is suspect they are not allowed to as it will represent misguided information on the landing page to newcomers)!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:57pm   #15
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
almost one here is trading off your geopolitical crap
LOL do you realise that geopolitical is just a small facet of fundamental trading!

Anyway, calling it crap in whatever your misguided understanding is really speaks for itself. I guess that makes all the institutions crap as well.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:06pm   #16

Joined Oct 2015
dude, what you don't get, and i won't educate you..your geopolitical don't mean sh^t today..

its the cahrts today!!