Priced In Already - How does it work?

This is a discussion on Priced In Already - How does it work? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Brumby Personally I would interpret what was said as an opinion because there is no reference source ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:10pm   #17
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Personally I would interpret what was said as an opinion because there is no reference source on "priced-in". Credible analyst provides a reference source because "sources" e.g. Fed market watch actually works out the probability based on some complex mathematical inputs.
Indeed. Nothing more than an opinion.

Can you please provide me with a link to Fed market watch? I did a quick google but cannot see exactly which you are speaking of.
I was using Dailyfx to develop a routine of information accumulation but of course it makes total sense to be establishing this routine with as accurate and as credible of a source as possible. Note: I do read reports direct from central banks and whatnot. I just like to read Dailyfx to get a general understanding of where others stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Just to finish off on this conversation say when you are referring to a currency pair GBPUSD, it is not just about GBP prospective rate hikes but also USD prospective rate hikes. Prospective rate hikes affect bond yields e.g. on both US10Y and GB10Y which their yield spreads has a bearing on currency pair pricing. It is not some static but dynamic conversation involving many variables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
...You also have to remember that when you buy gbp/xxx you're not just buying gbp strength.
Yep.
I realise that it's not just buying/selling particular currency potential, but rather against another economy. I was just singling out potential of a particular currency. Of course good buying potential of 1 currency can be negated by more potential of another.

I just look at individual currencies and then find which I believe have buying potential and which have selling...
I then match them against their counterparts. Of course I would ideally be looking for a strong buying potential currency to pit against a strong selling potential.
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:13pm   #18
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Hi Nowler,
If you've not read it already, you might find this Sticky useful: Essentials Of Technical Analysis. If you don't want to read the whole thing, the section most relevant to this thread is entitled: 1. Market Action Discounts Everything.

Additionally, be sure to check out post #3: 'Other Resources on T2W & Beyond' - especially the very last entry under 'EXTERNAL LINKS' about EMH.
Tim.
Cheers buddy!

I have read a bit of it but not all.
I have it bookmarked now and will read over it today.

Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:44pm   #19
Joined Dec 2017
Basically big player's or banks already know the news outcomes so they buy or sell ahead of time and wait till it hits the headlines and when everyone does what's expected they off load their positions to them as a form of liquidity. OR they wait for the news to come out, let the market move to better level for them to reverse whatever is happening, if a lot of people jump in and push a market to that level, they use that against us because they'll get a better price and bigger portion of their trade on against the retail trader.
anon301501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: new_trader
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:18pm   #20

Joined Oct 2015
"priced in" means to me already discounted, taken into consideration and price adjusted heretfor
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:19pm   #21
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon301501 View Post
Basically big player's or banks already know the news outcomes so they buy or sell ahead of time and wait till it hits the headlines and when everyone does what's expected they off load their positions to them as a form of liquidity. OR they wait for the news to come out, let the market move to better level for them to reverse whatever is happening, if a lot of people jump in and push a market to that level, they use that against us because they'll get a better price and bigger portion of their trade on against the retail trader.

Assuming your view is accurate - what are your solutions?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:00pm   #22
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
What a load of rubbish
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2017, 9:12pm   #23

Joined Oct 2015
lol
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:14pm   #24
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Basically big player's or banks already know the news
Do you have any evidence to support such a view .... time machine perhaps?

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is online now   Reply With Quote