Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

This is a discussion on Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 20th December in New York. A ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:02am   #16
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 20th December in New York. A description of the algorithm and format of the attached chart can be found in the first post of this thread.

The GBPUSD has not yet found support above the centre of the short term trend channel now at 1.3392.

For anybody interested in predictions for other FX pairs just follow the link at the end of these two documents.
Attached Thumbnails
gbpusd.png  
gka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:32pm   #17
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread Last night I attached the support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for Tuesday. Here are the results. Weekly levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Daily level 1.3419 featured as the day's high. The market then fell to weekly level 1.3369. There were some large gaps between levels.

Predictions for tonight and tomorrow to follow shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
2017-12-20-gbpusd.png  
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:38pm   #18
gka
Joined Dec 2017
GBPUSD levels through to 5 pm 21st Dec New York time

gka started this thread I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 21st December in New York.

The GBPUSD has not yet found support above the centre of the short term trend channel now at 1.3390.

A description of the algorithm and format of the attached chart can be found in the first post of this thread.

For anybody interested in predictions for other FX pairs just follow the link at the end of these two documents.
Attached Thumbnails
gbpusd.png  
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:50pm   #19
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread Last night I attached the support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today. Here are the results. Weekly levels in the top 1 hour chart, daily levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Daily level 1.3381 was the day's first high before falling to level 1.3349. Then rallying back up. There were some large gaps between levels.

Predictions for tonight and tomorrow to follow shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
2017-12-21-gbpusd.png  
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:54pm   #20
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 22nd December in New York.

A description of the algorithm and format of the attached chart can be found in the first post of this thread.

Attached Thumbnails
gbpusd.png  
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:18pm   #21
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread Last night I attached the support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today. Here are the results. Weekly levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Weekly level 1.3397 was the day's high before falling to daily level 1.3358. There were some large gaps between levels.

Taking a break over Christmas. Happy Christmas to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
2017-12-22-gbpusd.png  
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:38am   #22

Joined Mar 2004
Here are 2 VWMA indicators.
Attached Thumbnails
eur-usd.png  

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:15pm   #23
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
So what is the performance of this indicator on recent days ?

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:10pm   #24
Joined Sep 2013
How can I use it for trading on my MT4 platform?
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:00pm   #25
gka
Joined Dec 2017
EURUSD also predicted using VRM algorithm

gka started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Here are 2 VWMA indicators.
At the end of the describing documents I already attached at the beginning of this thread you will find links to VRM predictions for

EURGBP, EURUSD, EURJPY, EURCHF, EURCAD
GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCAD
USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY, USDNZD
AUDUSD

including your interest of EURUSD
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:03pm   #26
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
So what is the performance of this indicator on recent days ?

N
I think you can make an assessment of the VRM with the end of day results I have posted on this thread for GBPUSD. I look for large gaps in the VRM levels to start and stop trades.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:19pm   #27
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
How can I use it for trading on my MT4 platform?
I am using the CMC markets trading platform and so I don't have experience of MT4. This is what I do on the CMC markets platform.

I plot the VRM levels on two GBPUSD charts. Weekly VRM levels on one chart stay the same until Friday 5 pm New York time. Daily VRM levels on the other chart get updated daily after the 5 pm New York close. At the moment I am using 30 minute candlesticks. Then I add an Exponential Moving Average (EMA) channel to each chart with periods 4 and 7. I use the EMA to assess whether the price action is bouncing off a VRM level or not.

I use the VRM levels of the three FX pairs GBPUSD , EURGBP and EURUSD because you can see which FX pair is leading the bunch by the way they bounce off the VRM levels. Then I look for large gaps between VRM levels and that is where I like to trade. At the moment I have a S/L of 25 bps and a T/P of 50 bps.

I attach the 6 charts for GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD I used during Monday 18 December. Top charts are weekly VRM levels. Bottom charts are daily VRM levels.

See my first post December 17th of this thread and you will see the GBPUSD levels in the GBPUSD charts attached.

You can see how GBPUSD and EURUSD reach a weekly VRM level in the top charts at the same time. Because of arbitrage GBPUSD X EURGBP = EURUSD I think you have to watch all 3 FX pairs to understand what GBPUSD is doing. Sometimes GBPUSD leads and sometimes it follows and sometimes it is just a spectator.

At the end of the describing documents I already attached at the beginning of this thread you will find links to VRM predictions for

EURGBP, EURUSD, EURJPY, EURCHF, EURCAD
GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCAD
USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY, USDNZD
AUDUSD
Attached Thumbnails
2017-12-18-gbpusd-eurgbp-eurusd.png  
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:44pm   #28
gka
Joined Dec 2017
GBPUSD support/resistance levels until 5pm New York 27th Dec

gka started this thread I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 27th December in New York.

Attached Thumbnails
gbpusd.png  
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:10am   #29
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gka View Post
I use the VRM levels of the three FX pairs GBPUSD , EURGBP and EURUSD because you can see which FX pair is leading the bunch by the way they bounce off the VRM levels. Then I look for large gaps between VRM levels and that is where I like to trade. At the moment I have a S/L of 25 bps and a T/P of 50 bps.
So what are the trade statistics outcome to-date in trading your model usimg CMC?

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:34pm   #30
gka
Joined Dec 2017
gka started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
So what are the trade statistics outcome to-date in trading your model usimg CMC?
I have spent a lot of time experimenting with the Volatility Response Model (VRM) using different timescales and EMA channels. At short timescales like 1 minute candlesticks there are more reversals that turn out to be retracements at larger timescales. At long timescales like 4 hours the news can have a big impact while you wait for the time period to end. The mid value (between bid and ask) 30 minute candlestick charts with a EMA (4,7) channel seem the best for me. I have not been using this timescale and EMA channel for long so do not have reliable statistics. I have had a run of 11 successful trades in a row. I am very interested in traders' experiences using the VRM predicted support and resistance levels and how they use the levels.