Under what circumstances might Euro weaken after the German elections?

This is a discussion on Under what circumstances might Euro weaken after the German elections? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hi. I was wondering – under what circumstances people thought the Euro might weaken after the upcoming German Federal Elections ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:33pm   #1
Joined Mar 2016
Under what circumstances might Euro weaken after the German elections?

Hi.

I was wondering – under what circumstances people thought the Euro might weaken after the upcoming German Federal Elections on September 24th?

Of course, it would appear Merkel’s victory seems to be a foregone conclusion. But outside of the fairly clear certainties that Merkel’s CDU will win most votes with the Social Democrats coming second, in which circumstances might we see the Euro weaken come Monday when the retail forex markets begin again.

Thanks!
rom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:45pm   #2
Joined Apr 2016
Both German stocks and Euro should rally. There's a rather good chance the German stock index making new all time high. I am not convinced who wins will make a difference.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:18pm   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
the euro will weaken under the conditions of others in the G8 getting stronger .....(hint - always look at both sides of the picture)
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote