Can I trade mostly based on technical analysis?

This is a discussion on Can I trade mostly based on technical analysis? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I think it's very hard to learn fundamental analysis because I just got started with Forex. Also, I need to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:46am   #1
Joined Mar 2016
Can I trade mostly based on technical analysis?

I think it's very hard to learn fundamental analysis because I just got started with Forex. Also, I need to use 1h chart because most of the day, I can't check the chart very often. Is it good idea to use 1h chart based on 90% technical analysis?
Yamaguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:15pm   #2
Joined Jul 2008
Yep. Nothing wrong with that.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: MajorMagnuM
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:07pm   #3

Joined Oct 2015
I'm not a "news trader" although I like to have at least a general idea of what's going on in the world that might influence currency price, when news may come out good or bad, and stuff like that. Try to stay out around possible news release like last week.

Having said that, the unpredictable black swan is forever looming...
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:27pm   #4
Joined Mar 2016
Yamaguchi started this thread Thanks for your advice. Is it also okay to use technical analysis mostly for 1d chart? (daily chart)
Yamaguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:14am   #5
Joined Oct 2011
yeah its ok, even if you go full technical, given that you are new to trading, you will one way or another find your way around these things and find your comfort zone.. just take it one step at a time,never rush
ph_trader is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:19am   #6
Joined Dec 2015
Yes, you can, as long as you keep in mind to avoid trading during high impact events, because technical analysis often goes out the window then.
mlawson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:22am   #7

Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaguchi View Post
I think it's very hard to learn fundamental analysis because I just got started with Forex. Also, I need to use 1h chart because most of the day, I can't check the chart very often. Is it good idea to use 1h chart based on 90% technical analysis?
If your going to trade purely off the charts, my advice would be to trade the higher time frames, 4h and daily. and have more of a swing trading approach (assuming your not trading stocks). Don't try to day trade with charts alone.

Last edited by ffsear; Mar 16, 2016 at 11:49am.
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:29am   #8
Joined Feb 2016
Have in mind that hedge fund managers and banks use daily charts and they rely on bottoms and tops. H1 is not enough and might cost you all your money.
rosentray is offline   Reply With Quote