Can I trade mostly based on technical analysis?

This is a discussion on Can I trade mostly based on technical analysis? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I started out using 100% technical signals. I was profitable. You can do it. However, when I added fundamental signals, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:33pm   #46

Joined Nov 2014
I started out using 100% technical signals. I was profitable. You can do it.

However, when I added fundamental signals, my accuracy increased. Sometimes, ignoring fundamentals can help you cut through all the junk info out there. However, sometimes you miss important details that could make or break your trade.

I recommend using technicals as the decision-maker and using fundamentals to “check” if the technical position makes sense.
verial is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:11am   #47
Joined Apr 2016
Technical analysis is more popular than fundamental analysis. There are many traders who are only working with technical. so Yes why not. It is your work, you can do anything that you want to do. After all, you have to work for yourself.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:01am   #48
Joined Apr 2017
Most professors who teach in business schools feel that most technical analysis rules are historic , and are belief aids for gamblers.Gamblers need a reason to bet , and technical anylysis gives gamblers the beliefs.

A recent study by finance professors at Massey University in New Zealand examined more than 5,000 technical trading rules to see if they added value. The authors found "no evidence that the profits to the technical trading rules we consider are greater than those that might be expected due to random data variation."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-techn...waste-of-time/

Most of you will give opinions of why t/a works , you can not provide any evidence or studies because technical anylysis can not be tested , it does not always work , all context can not be applied in testing , emotional trading failures due to t/a failure can't be tested , stress and it's negative influences of t/a can't be back tested.Give me 50 opinion posts without evidence ,and start up 10 other threads positive about t/a , that t/a works.

t/a gives you beliefs to place real money bets , on historical set ups , why would it work ?Every set up of t/a has 3 outcomes ,they fail or nothing happens or it works = 33% chance of success .
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:18am   #49
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by verial View Post
I started out using 100% technical signals. I was profitable. You can do it.

However, when I added fundamental signals, my accuracy increased. Sometimes, ignoring fundamentals can help you cut through all the junk info out there. However, sometimes you miss important details that could make or break your trade.

I recommend using technicals as the decision-maker and using fundamentals to ďcheckĒ if the technical position makes sense.
They should look for high probability techical signals , on higher time frames 1 hour + , based on fundamental drivers .

Knowing the instrument behaviour makes a difference , support work well in stock markets .

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educ...-hit-rate.html
Old May 5, 2017, 2:47pm   #50
Joined Sep 2016
Yes. You can trade Forex totally based on Technical.
FxTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2017, 10:05am   #51
Joined Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FxTim View Post
Yes. You can trade Forex totally based on Technical.
Surely, but it's not recommended as understanding of fundamentals make predictions more precise
Haffizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:36am   #52
Joined Sep 2016
Yes, Off course you can fully Rely on Technical Trading as you want to trade Forex however in that case you need to make sure to stay away from the market when there is any major news announcements are about to occur as during those hours Technical analysis doesn't help at all.
FxTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:34pm   #53
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FxTim View Post
Yes, Off course you can fully Rely on Technical Trading as you want to trade Forex however in that case you need to make sure to stay away from the market when there is any major news announcements are about to occur as during those hours Technical analysis doesn't help at all.
News trading is exceptionally challenging and tricky. Basically I find it unpredictable, because apart of the guessing pre-market sentiments and news outcome you also need to save your trading from manipulations which sometimes happen, sometimes not.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:35am   #54
Joined Apr 2017
Novice traders should focus on technical and fundamental analysis rather than trading indicators! Technical analysis doesnít mean only indicator based trading! By the way, in order to my personal trading experience EMA is the most useful default trading indicator! Here I use mainly news analysis but till now I use EMA100 into my live trading chart! It indicates me good swing points of market!
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:46am   #55
Joined Jul 2016
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, you could do it on the basis of Analysis and if your strategy is not working, you will have to modify it or change it to let it work.
SmartGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:07am   #56
Joined Apr 2017
Actually fundamental analysis to ensure is a really long time process, thatís why the traders we have always like to depend on technical support. Itís okay , but for begin a successful or professional trader there is no way to avoid fundamental analysis. So we have to emphasis on this topic.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:12pm   #57
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Borren View Post
Actually fundamental analysis to ensure is a really long time process, thatís why the traders we have always like to depend on technical support. Itís okay , but for begin a successful or professional trader there is no way to avoid fundamental analysis. So we have to emphasis on this topic.
Technical analysis fallacy is that it based on history, to be precise on the principle that history repeats itself. But its misleading view as market fundamentals mix in different proportions every time so is the lines that makes unique explanation of the price move only for that fine point of time.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:42pm   #58
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Technical analysis fallacy is that it based on history, to be precise on the principle that history repeats itself. But its misleading view as market fundamentals mix in different proportions every time so is the lines that makes unique explanation of the price move only for that fine point of time.
those points of support are use widely , they speak more volumes than volume , they tell you something the idiots don't understand.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 11:31am   #59
Joined Apr 2017
Analysis is important for the traders who are trading here without any particular trading strategy or system! By the way, I have my personal trading system, so I donít need to make live market analysis! Yes, my personal strategy ensues me regular income here! So, no need to change it!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:34pm   #60
Joined Aug 2017
OOO becareful you'll soon find half a dozens trollers jumping outthe woodwork screaming " PROVE IT PROVE IT ! " LOL.
wisefoolx is offline   Reply With Quote