Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

This is a discussion on Bob Volman Price Action Scalping within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by june_girl7 I have tried to work on scalping with demo account but I think scalping is not ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:44am   #3961
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by june_girl7 View Post
I have tried to work on scalping with demo account but I think scalping is not for me. Any suggestion for good scalping?
Scalping is very difficult without knowing "how to" because of the time cycle, the mental discipline needed and the intensity that goes with it. Bob Volman's method uses 70 tick chart which approximate to a 30 sec time frame. The best book written IMO on scalping is by Lance Beggs which uses a 1 tick range that approximates to a 9 sec time frame. It is because the time cycles are so compressed, the trade decision process requires a set of conditions that are different from a higher time frame trading. For example, at the scalping level entries are about areas not triggers. In other words, trade decision is taken absent confirmation which can be uncomfortable for those that are used to trade confirmation for entry. Another example is that the chart has to be relatively clean because information overload tends to slow down decision making. As such a visual approach dominates.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know

Last edited by Brumby; Feb 1, 2018 at 1:16am.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote