The 3 Duck's Trading System

This is a discussion on The 3 Duck's Trading System within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Hello Traders, THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM! A nice easy trade set-up on the Ducks earlier this am on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:43am   #57

Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread Hello Traders,

THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM!

A nice easy trade set-up on the Ducks earlier this am on Gbp/Usd, I bought at 2.0235 when prices crossed the last high and the sma on the 5 min chart - All 3 Ducks Lined UP! my stop-loss was placed 30 pips away from the entry, it would have been too expensive to place the stop-loss under the last low (about 40 pips) so I used a fixed stop-loss instead. I took profit just before the past daily high. A 30 risk for a 60 pip reward and a fairly painless trade, a great way to spend your Friday morning!

Have a great weekend guys,
Attached Thumbnails
calle28th1.jpg  
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 4:26pm   #58

Joined Jul 2007
GBP/USD: 50pts from 15:40 approx. (Using 4H, 1H, 15M, 3M simply because I use those graphs for other stuff and don't want to add 5M to my "bookmarks list".)

PS The lazy ******* bird that woke up at 11am today also gets the worm.

PPS I bet you're thinking... 'Ow'd he (Audi) manage that? What I did was wait for the price to go back to the 60MA then spring back. So... not so much the 3 Duck's Trading System as...

wait for it...

The 4 Spring-Duck Technique.

Sorry.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:54am   #59
Joined Jun 2007
Hi!

I see that the 3-duck system works very well on GBP/USD and EURO/USD.
what other pairs are good for this system?
MoonlitBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:11am   #60

Joined Jul 2007
On Eur/Yen, getting some points using the Four Spring Duck Technique as we speak. Click the image to open in full size.

I will nickname this strategy the Audi system from now on, to complete my stupidity. I thank you.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:28am   #61

Joined Jul 2007
Ok, serious hat on here.

Question for Captain Currency. I've tried this system a handful of times and thank you for sharing the idea. Now has it failed and you've been stopped out? Each time I've tried, I've profited, which is frankly, quite rare. That's 100% success. Best bit is that it is pretty relaxing to trade the system. None of the seat of the pants stuff that I'm used to. It can't be luck because I am not a lucky person. So, has a trade resulted in loss?

Thanks.

-Darren
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:06pm   #62

Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja View Post
Ok, serious hat on here.

Question for Captain Currency. I've tried this system a handful of times and thank you for sharing the idea. Now has it failed and you've been stopped out? Each time I've tried, I've profited, which is frankly, quite rare. That's 100% success. Best bit is that it is pretty relaxing to trade the system. None of the seat of the pants stuff that I'm used to. It can't be luck because I am not a lucky person. So, has a trade resulted in loss?

Thanks.

-Darren
Hello shadoninja,

Having read your post 3 times now, I still dont see what the question is, do you want to re-write the post in words I understand and not your own word?
Forget about messing with the system - stick to the ma's and timeframes, othewise we are talking about 2 different things!

Kind Regards,
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:07pm   #63
Joined Feb 2004
hi captain currency, do you think your 3 ducks method could work with tick charts?
and also could it work for smaller time frames suitable for scalping?

jason
jayjay121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:46pm   #64

Joined Jul 2007
Sorry, I'm referring to your technique. I meant, has it ever failed you? I've done it a handful of times and profited each time.