The 3 Duck's Trading System

This is a discussion on The 3 Duck's Trading System within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Well, one has to start somewhere!...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 25, 2009, 11:34am   #751
Joined Nov 2001
Well, one has to start somewhere!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:12pm   #752
 
blancspa's Avatar
Joined May 2008
yep

best of luck son, best of luck
__________________
...driven on by the greed of the trader, is led over all lands and all seas by the hope of gain...
blancspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 6:55am   #753
Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by blancspa View Post
Can you tell me what strategy do you use with 3 Duck`s system?
The tip Rats cool exile on Gbp/Jpy mentioned worked with CCI well, I got like 350 on a quick scalp, and waiting to re enter, what indicator or market knowledge do you use?

Please forgive my arrogance
Why don't you test out some strategies yourself? Stop looking for continual tips, a sure sign someone won't make it IMHO.
barryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2009, 10:03am   #754
 
blancspa's Avatar
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb View Post
Why don't you test out some strategies yourself? Stop looking for continual tips, a sure sign someone won't make it IMHO.
I am sorry I will never ask you again
__________________
...driven on by the greed of the trader, is led over all lands and all seas by the hope of gain...
blancspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:20pm   #755
Joined Feb 2009
Thanks for the idea Captan! I have a question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Currency View Post
Hello Traders,

Just thought I would share The 3 Duck's Trading System with you.
Thanks for the idea Captain. I have a question:
Let's say that the current price is above the 4 hour, the 1 hour, and the 5 minute.
Then the 1 hour breaks down thru the 60 sma.
Then the 5 minute breaks down thru the 60 sma.
According to your system you would short.
My question is: can this trade be repeated?
What I mean is if the 5 minute goes up over the 60 sma, and then goes down thru the 60 sma (for the second time), can you short for a second time? Or can you only make this trade the first time the 5 minute drops below the 60 sma?

Thank You Very Much,

MrSoul

* Can you please respond to my personal email: mrsoul61@yahoo.com

Thanks Again- Best of Luck!
mrsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 4:25pm   #756
 
rathcoole_exile's Avatar
Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsoul View Post
Let's say that the current price is above the 4 hour, the 1 hour, and the 5 minute.
Then the 1 hour breaks down thru the 60 sma.
Then the 5 minute breaks down thru the 60 sma.
According to your system you would short.
My question is: can this trade be repeated?
why would you go short if only the 60 min and 5 min PA had broken below the sma ?
I thought the name "3 ducks" would give the clue that PA on all 3 timeframes must match up, ie you have to wait until the 4 hour chart also catches up.

But to answer your main question in the absence of the Captain, yes of course you should take multiple repeat trades if opportunity presents itself - as long as the 3 ducks line up.
So, assuming that both 240 7 60 min are below the sma, I would take every trade where the 5 crosses it's sma
__________________
my Opinion is never "humble "

karl6666: 'Why doesnt anybody like you R_E, is it because you shout?'
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 5:25pm   #757
Joined Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathcoole_exile View Post
why would you go short if only the 60 min and 5 min PA had broken below the sma ?
I thought the name "3 ducks" would give the clue that PA on all 3 timeframes must match up, ie you have to wait until the 4 hour chart also catches up.

But to answer your main question in the absence of the Captain, yes of course you should take multiple repeat trades if opportunity presents itself - as long as the 3 ducks line up.
So, assuming that both 240 7 60 min are below the sma, I would take every trade where the 5 crosses it's sma
I wonder, if one should go short! To my understanding you would place a stop order 1 tick beyond the last resistance to enter the market only then. The crossing of the sma is the signal - but not the trigger!

If I misunderstood this, please correct me.

Regards

Hittfeld
Hittfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 6:54pm   #758
 
Captain Currency's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
reply

Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsoul View Post
Thanks for the idea Captain. Your Welcome
I have a question: OK
Let's say that the current price is above the 4 hour, the 1 hour, and the 5 minute. Yeah
Then the 1 hour breaks down thru the 60 sma. Yeah
Then the 5 minute breaks down thru the 60 sma. 5 min would have prob crossed the sma before the 1 hr did, but anyway go ahead
According to your system you would short. Not unless the 4hr was also below its sma and I fancied a punt short.
My question is: can this trade be repeated?
What I mean is if the 5 minute goes up over the 60 sma, and then goes down thru the 60 sma (for the second time), can you short for a second time? Or can you only make this trade the first time the 5 minute drops below the 60 sma? If all your Ducks are lined up and your in a trending market and all else seems ok in the world then yes, you may need to take a "few shots" at a trade, Just because all your Duck are lined up and you get a "signal" doesn't mean the trade is bulletproof.

Thank You Very Much, No Probs

MrSoul

* Can you please respond to my personal email: mrsoul61@yahoo.com Ile respond here, someone else may of had a similar question to your own and this will save me retelling the story again

Thanks Again- Best of Luck!

Thanks Rath for helping him

Andy.
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:41pm   #759
Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Currency View Post
Thanks Rath for helping him

Andy.
This strategy is one the best and simplest startegy to trade in the flow of trend, together with sound price action setups it gives a very high probability of winning, and risk reward in many cases are unbelievably good.. what else do we need. well done CC. Thanks for sharing this startegy.
apmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2009, 5:23pm   #760
 
rathcoole_exile's Avatar
Joined Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Currency View Post
Thanks Rath for helping him

Andy.
Andy,
how's the new wee bairn by the way ? Our number two is imminent ......

garry
__________________
my Opinion is never "humble "

karl6666: 'Why doesnt anybody like you R_E, is it because you shout?'
rathcoole_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2009, 7:24pm   #761
 
Captain Currency's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by apmf View Post
This strategy is one the best and simplest startegy to trade in the flow of trend, together with sound price action setups it gives a very high probability of winning, and risk reward in many cases are unbelievably good.. what else do we need. well done CC. Thanks for sharing this startegy.
Cheers Apmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathcoole_exile View Post
Andy,
how's the new wee bairn by the way ? Our number two is imminent ......

garry
Hello Rathz,

The wee one is doing well, 9 months this week. Our number two has about 6 months left to do on the inside.

Glad to hear your trading is not interfering with your life

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
mia.gif  
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:24am   #762
 
9 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
hm...

Interesting strategy - however, like most of technical analysis: its lagging. Too many of us forex traders concentrate on this moving average crossing that moving average, when in reality most professionals incorporate fundamentals before technicals - not the other way around.

Good luck!
kurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:24am   #763
Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurkowski View Post
Interesting strategy - however, like most of technical analysis: its lagging. Too many of us forex traders concentrate on this moving average crossing that moving average, when in reality most professionals incorporate fundamentals before technicals - not the other way around.

Good luck!
will ya shut up
apmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:47pm   #764
Joined Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurkowski View Post
Interesting strategy - however, like most of technical analysis: its lagging. Too many of us forex traders concentrate on this moving average crossing that moving average, when in reality most professionals incorporate fundamentals before technicals - not the other way around.

Good luck!
I think you'll find Captain Currency IS a professional
If fundamental trading is your MAIN focus then you are probably looking at the wrong forums .... maybe even the wrong website .... !
pki99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:23pm   #765
 
Captain Currency's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurkowski View Post
Interesting strategy - however, like most of technical analysis: its lagging. Very True, but Lagging has it's uses for me, I like to slow play the market
Too many of us forex traders concentrate on this moving average crossing that moving average, when in reality most professionals incorporate fundamentals before technicals - not the other way around. Il'e take your word on that, I only know what I do

Good luck! Thanks, a bit of good luck is always welcome in my trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by pki99 View Post
I think you'll find Captain Currency IS a professional
Im just a Market Survivor pki, plenty of ups and downs since I started trading Fx back in 2001.

Andy
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A DT Trading System - swing/day trading DionysusToast Trading Systems 29 Nov 16, 2014 5:45pm
My "Psycho" System!! Good System For Your Trading Arsenal mazdaz Forex 18 Jun 19, 2011 8:49pm
Best Thread: The 3 Duck's Trading System Captain Currency Forex 771 Apr 20, 2011 5:21pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)