The 3 Duck's Trading System

This is a discussion on The 3 Duck's Trading System within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Still some way to go at the moment. Paul...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:49pm   #33
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Still some way to go at the moment.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
gbpusd_24th-sept.gif  
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 1:55pm   #34

Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
Still some way to go at the moment.

Paul
Its called Patiences!

Kind Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
pault2w.jpg  
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:08pm   #35

Joined Jan 2007
getting a long here frpm 2.0240 should make an attempt higher... just following this thread not got any ducks up on my screen, but up and away....

Also if all 3 ducks are lined up shouldnt it be buy first close above the 5 minute 60 MA? thats already happend hasnt it so we should be long riding the small whips ?

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Coin, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Coin in the morning."~ Colonel Coin
Crap Buddist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:18pm   #36

Joined Jan 2007
hmm ok, ive just put a 5 60 and 240 sma on a 1 hour chart to keep all on one, not quite there on the 4 hourly close above , hang on, should we be long 2.0200 already? 21/09/07 at circa 4 pm ? based on the 1 hourly close above the 4 hourly ?

subsequent price action has not been below the low of that bar , indicating a solid bar for a long entry ?

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Coin, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Coin in the morning."~ Colonel Coin
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:21pm   #37

Joined Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap Buddist View Post
getting a long here frpm 2.0240 should make an attempt higher... just following this thread not got any ducks up on my screen, but up and away....

Also if all 3 ducks are lined up shouldnt it be buy first close above the 5 minute 60 MA? thats already happend hasnt it so we should be long riding the small whips ?
Hello Crap Buddist,

I would really like to see it get above the last "decent" high, I use the "system" more as a guide to observing price movement with my own market knowledge, therefore if it just bobbing up and down, Im might air on the side of caution.

Kind Regards,
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:35pm   #38

Joined Jan 2007
ducks not aligned yet ? hmm noting the time now and waiting for the cross to come in on the longer timeframe suggests it may kick off back end london close into late new yor and asia maybe ? sneaky whatsits....

good watchin it form. I think the longer 2 ma will cross at 3 pm uk, so then look for a 4 pm close above the red ma ?
Attached Thumbnails
cablequackers.png  

Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:41pm   #39

Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Currency View Post
Hello Crap Buddist,

I would really like to see it get above the last "decent" high, I use the "system" more as a guide to observing price movement with my own market knowledge, therefore if it just bobbing up and down, Im might air on the side of caution.

Kind Regards,
Cheers captain, know what you mean about systems and then look at the trading action and thinking, hmm they gonna run stops here first and position everyone short before they ramp it higher and do the stops to the upside..... I often end up thinking, well looks like thats playin out why am I having a system when I think price action outside it ?

you know what i dont even know if my MA's on the 1 hourly chart are right ? 60*5 mins inoto hourlies = 5 period 1 hour sma. think its right.....

Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:45pm   #40

Joined Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap Buddist View Post
hmm ok, ive just put a 5 60 and 240 sma on a 1 hour chart to keep all on one, not quite there on the 4 hourly close above , hang on, should we be long 2.0200 already? 21/09/07 at circa 4 pm ? based on the 1 hourly close above the 4 hourly ?

subsequent price action has not been below the low of that bar , indicating a solid bar for a long entry ?

Hello Crap Buddist,

Yes, I think I follow your post. No problem putting those value sma's on a 1 hr chart.
Prices did indeed get above the 4hr sma on the 21st, price closed at 2.0176 above the 4hr sma - so we had 1 duck lined up, so prices would have also been above the 1hr sma also (2 ducks) then it was just a case of buying when prices got above the 5min sma and last high on the same chart - all 3 ducks lined up in the same direction.
Now depending on your style of trading your exits will differ. As I said in a few posts, I use the system more as a guide to price observation with my own market knowledge. I've had a few posts where people say "you MUST buy when this happens". You dont have to do anything- its just a simple guide to price.

Hope that helps

Kind Regards,