The 3 Duck's Trading System

This is a discussion on The 3 Duck's Trading System within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; I have set this up so that all three MA appear on one chart by using a facility in TS ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 21, 2007, 9:57am   #17
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
I have set this up so that all three MA appear on one chart by using a facility in TS that allows different compression of data source and plotting the MA based on each one and it certainly is good for 30 pips on most signals on GBP / USD including this morning.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:22am   #18

Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
I have set this up so that all three MA appear on one chart by using a facility in TS that allows different compression of data source and plotting the MA based on each one and it certainly is good for 30 pips on most signals on GBP / USD including this morning.

Paul
Hello again Paul,

Yes, if you plot a 60 period sma, a 720 sma and a 2880 sma on the 5 min chart that is basically the same as having 1 60sma on the 5min/1hr and 4 hr chart. I prefer to have 3 chart - thats just me!
BTW: a trade set-up on GBP/USD this morning? I dont think so, prices where below the 4hr sma for most of the morning and prices where above the 1hr sma, so my ducks are not lining up!

Kind Regards,
Captain Currency is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 1:18pm   #19
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Sorry, I meant yesterday morning at around 7.15am

Paul
Old Sep 21, 2007, 5:32pm   #20

Joined Sep 2007
21st of September '07

Captain Currency started this thread Typical Friday afternoon type of trading - not much happening!
The 3 Duck's Trading System got a few chances to trade in the last few hours. The EUR/USD got a buy, the USD/CAD got a sell, the USD/AUD got a buy. I bought USD/AUD at .8648 with a stop-loss at .8624ish, the target was open but I'd say I would have looked to take profit around .8695. But the move up is sluggish and the trade has been stopped out at breakeven - it was up +22 pips at one stage.

Have a good weekend,

PS: Its not possible for me to post trades as they happen, but I will try and post some of the trades I do using The 3 Duck's Trading System. (the good ones and the bad ones!!)
Attached Thumbnails
t2w.bmp  
Old Sep 21, 2007, 5:43pm   #21

Joined Jan 2003
CC,

You may find it easier to upload jpg or gif files as opposed to bmp as they will be displayed and open a bit easier in my experience.

Paul
Old Sep 21, 2007, 5:57pm   #22

Joined Sep 2007
Captain Currency started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
CC,

You may find it easier to upload jpg or gif files as opposed to bmp as they will be displayed and open a bit easier in my experience.

Paul
Thanks Paul,

I will do a jpeg next time.

Kind Regards,
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:32pm   #23
Joined Dec 2004
On a long position do you buy on the break of the last high, or would you wait for a pullback following the breakout?

Thanks,
Harold
hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:55pm   #24

Joined Jan 2003
I have just realised that I had the set up for this completely wrong (from an indicator settings standpoint) which meant I got a signal that I shouldn't have (even though it was profitable) last week. I was wondering why things didn't seem right when I changed the compression on my charts and now I know. It is all corrected now and I am looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Paul