Best Exit Strategies for Forex market ?

This is a discussion on Best Exit Strategies for Forex market ? within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by NVP totally ok for scalping ...fast and simple...if you get luxury of trading higher TF's you can ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:23pm   #106
Joined Aug 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
totally ok for scalping ...fast and simple...if you get luxury of trading higher TF's you can add a lot of subtlety to increase returns over time .....
I agree. But that depends on your strategy and your disposition, some people don't have the patience to keep long-term positions open.
markallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:32pm   #107
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by markallen View Post
I agree. But that depends on your strategy and your disposition, some people don't have the patience to keep long-term positions open.
like me............it is like watching paint dry ......
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:55pm   #108
Joined Aug 2018
My reaction is a little different, I am too anxious to wait. I prefer shorter term positions so I can close them and go to sleep without worrying how the market will move while I am not watching it.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:51am   #109
Joined Oct 2018
I always exit when my stop loss or take process is touched so long as my initial analysis remain valid. If factors in the market change, the I can do an immediate close
Edith1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:19pm   #110
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
NVP started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edith1995 View Post
I always exit when my stop loss or take process is touched so long as my initial analysis remain valid. If factors in the market change, the I can do an immediate close
i scalp most of the time these days.....timing of the move once in trade is a definite big big factor for me ......i havenít analysed it in detail but iím pretty sure my exits early when the trade stalls have saved me a lot more than leaving the trade in motion and hoping momentum continues

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:33pm   #111
Joined Aug 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edith1995 View Post
That is what I do as well, for the most part. I follow my trading plan, but if I suspect that fundamentals may cause a drastic change I close my positions. Being adaptive is just as important as being disciplined.