TA set-ups

This is a discussion on TA set-ups within the Forex forums, part of the Markets category; i have recently started looking at trading forex having always traded equities - where i use a combination of technical ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17, 2004, 7:25am   #1
Joined Jun 2001
TA set-ups

i have recently started looking at trading forex having always traded equities - where i use a combination of technical & fundamental analysis.

i was interested to understand what TA set-ups others use with forex

if anyone could help here it would be much appreciated
Old May 17, 2004, 8:14am   #2
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
60 min chart with 21 period MA and slow stoc is what I look at but tend to trade based on breaks outs or areas of support and reistance on 60min and daily.
Have a problem with a real dollar bear bias right now due to too much reading of fundamentals so tend to just look for technical opportunities to sell greenback against anything, cannot understand the recent dollar strength at all despite interest rate jitters but seems to be correcting now.
Old May 17, 2004, 8:32am   #3
Buk
Joined Jan 2004
similar to twalker's set up Ed.....34 ema with stoch's on the 30/60 min.....100 ema on the larger frames as a guide to the general trend.
Old May 17, 2004, 9:32am   #4
Joined Jul 2003
Pivot Points (essentially Support & Resistance) on a rolling 3-hour basis with a 5-min chart.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote