FXCM Discussion

This is a discussion on FXCM Discussion within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; just want to include some of my experience with fxcm, if you are going to use them. Their charts are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 17, 2010, 1:50pm   #17
Joined Jul 2008
Re: FXCM Discussion

just want to include some of my experience with fxcm, if you are going to use them.
Their charts are inaccurate, and by this i don't mean they differ with other data feeds.

I mean a chart of a pair on the 30M might contradict the same pair on a 4H, leaving you to wonder which high or low is actually correct, if any. That and tick data slowing to a standstill so if you don't notice this and manually refresh you may be left with a current tick 10 minutes out of date
clovist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 3:39pm   #18

Joined Jun 2009

Jason Rogers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovist View Post
just want to include some of my experience with fxcm, if you are going to use them.
Their charts are inaccurate, and by this i don't mean they differ with other data feeds.

I mean a chart of a pair on the 30M might contradict the same pair on a 4H, leaving you to wonder which high or low is actually correct, if any. That and tick data slowing to a standstill so if you don't notice this and manually refresh you may be left with a current tick 10 minutes out of date
Hi clovist,

I'm not sure I follow exactly. The 30 minute and 4 hour charts are recording two different time periods so the high/low for those two different periods of time can be different. Can you please provide an example using a recent chart and let us know which charting package you are using so we can review what you are seeing?

Thanks,

-Jason
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:05pm   #19
Joined Jul 2008

what i mean is that the high of a 4H candle may not be the same as the high of it's corresponding 8 30M candles.

Here is a USD/CHF 15M and 3H example, where highs and lows are inconsistent

Here is the 3H chart - http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8...radictionp.jpg

Here is the 15M chart - http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8...radictionp.jpg
clovist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 5:09pm   #20

Joined Jun 2009

Jason Rogers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovist View Post
what i mean is that the high of a 4H candle may not be the same as the high of it's corresponding 8 30M candles.

Here is a USD/CHF 15M and 3H example, where highs and lows are inconsistent

Here is the 3H chart - http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8...radictionp.jpg

Here is the 15M chart - http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/8...radictionp.jpg
Hi Clovist,

Thanks for the additional details!

I do see what you mean now, and I was able to replicate this on my side as well. I have notified our technical support team asking them to review and work to correct it.

I will keep you updated on any progress towards a fix for this.

-Jason
Jason Rogers is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:35pm   #21

Joined Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rogers View Post
Hi TN7,

I'm surprised at how little you know about FXCM despite your claims otherwise.

FXCM has multiple locations throughout the world. If your account is open through our US entity (www.fxcm.com) then you are subject to CFTC rules and regulations.

FXCM has an entity in the United Kingdom, FXCM UK www.fxcm.co.uk, which is regulated by the Financial Services authority, firm registration number 217689. You can find a complete list of our locations and registrations on FXCM UK's website http://www.fxcm.co.uk/international-offices.jsp. It seems like you have a lot to review. Maybe we should start at getting the small stuff correct before discussing the bigger items.

Jason,

How long have you been in this business? And, when did you graduate from College? Go back and re-read what I typed in context and in direct response to what YOU typed and then come back here and try to remind me about what I don't know about FXCM.

I have most likely forgotten more than you will ever know about this business. I was in this business long before your firm ever had a website and before your firm lived at Old Slip Road, Jason. So, sell the Neophyte gig somewhere else and stop taking my words out of proper context.

FXCM is a Bucket Shop and 0.000025% -vs- a lousy $50MM max notional value policy, proves it beyond any shadow of a doubt. You still have failed to respond to the depth, breadth and liquidity mathematics that I put forth inside this thread. And, until you come clean with a solid response as to why 0.000025% limitations makes FXCM anything more than a Retail Bucket Shop, then you won't put a dent in my claims about FXCM - period.

Now, get back on subject and deal with the tough questions, Jason.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:43pm   #22

Joined Jan 2010

Quote:
Hi Apocalypto,

I would be happy to discuss anything with you have anything meaningful to add to the conversation. If you agree with TN7 100%, I'm guessing this also applies to his claim of FXCM UK being non-existent and marketing spin? or that FXCM has fixed forex spreads as claimed by TN7?
I guess getting your money back on the College tuition that you got duped on, might be more beneficial than trying to sell a clueless newbie on the 'virtues' of opening up an account with FXCM Bucket, because you obviously have an extremely difficult time reading in context what has been so clearly well written.

I never replied that FXCM did not have an office in the U.K. I expressly said that FXCM was not BASED in the U.K. FXCM is now and has always been based out of New York. Old Slip Road was NOT you first address. I was BORN in New York, Jason - I should know.

I also never said that FXCM had "fixed spreads." I specifically stated that FXCM FIXES the Spread - and that FXCM MANIPULATES the Spread and that "fixing" the spread through Algo manipulation was just one clear sign that you are dealing expressly with a Bucket Shop.

Learn to READ IN CONTEXT before you attempt to correct something that is not up for debate. FXCM is a Highly Polished Bucket Shop.

Let's see what happens to New York if/when 10:1 hits like an atomic bomb on Retail.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:47pm   #23

Joined Jan 2010

Quote:
I understand everyone's entitled to their opinion, but opinions aren't fact. And it doesn't address the inaccuracies.

Does this same exact framework for life apply to FXCM? LOL!

Give me a break, man - come on. You are here defending what.....what.....what? A Professional Bucket Shop??

Come on, man! I've outlined [above and earlier] precisely what makes FXCM qualified for the Retail Bucket Master Award of the Century for FX Intermediaries. Those are the facts. Continue to ignore them - it bothers me not. But, I think that all Newbies should be full aware of what they are getting themselves into when they sleep with Buckets.

Sleep with a Bucket and you will most likely get all Wet.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:03pm   #24

Joined Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123doger View Post
what kindof volume can you put in during normal market hours (london open) using the fxcm raw feed? 50m?
Yes, max notional per trade is $50MM, which translates to 0.000025% of the available liquidity at any given time. And, this is only part of what makes their claims of providing you with access to the largest FX liquidity in the "Retail" market, even more of a joke.

To wit: There are no notional limits [as a policy] stated by Divisa Capital (www.divisaFX.com) anywhere in their literature. They offer the "Retail Trader" access to "Institutional Liquidity" through a Currenex Hub with a genuine STP engine to over 60 Banks and Institutions who provide a much more realistic look into the true depth and breadth of the Interbank market. They charge a flat commission (the way it should be) and they leave the spreads alone, so that Interbank can compete with itself for your business through their Currenex Hub/Gateway.

FXCM does not do this because they have decided to frame themselves as the worlds most prolific Bucket Shop Pimp.

Bottom line.