Why do I get phoned up by all these brokers in Cyprus?

This is a discussion on Why do I get phoned up by all these brokers in Cyprus? within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by gerryg Just kindly ask them to remove them from their cold call list. As all conversations are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:33am   #9
Joined Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Just kindly ask them to remove them from their cold call list. As all conversations are recorded they are obliged to follow your request.
Maybe it works until a new employer come.
bigmistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:29am   #10
Joined Feb 2017
I still don’t know why they call every week! Most of them has no idea about fundamental of FX and they still call to remind an important event coming!

But, I think they call to justify the trader if he knows trading. So that they can put him in the B book at the beginning. I found this calling has no reason.

That is why I’ve chosen FCA regulated tickmill, they call me only when I request them in live chat. I don’t trust CySEC brokers anyway.
Agne35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:39am   #11
Joined Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agne35 View Post
I still donít know why they call every week! Most of them has no idea about fundamental of FX and they still call to remind an important event coming!

But, I think they call to justify the trader if he knows trading. So that they can put him in the B book at the beginning. I found this calling has no reason.

That is why Iíve chosen FCA regulated tickmill, they call me only when I request them in live chat. I donít trust CySEC brokers anyway.
Just don't receive any call from Cyprus. That's all.
bigmistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:25pm   #12
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmistake View Post
Just don't receive any call from Cyprus. That's all.
Calls from which country do you consider credible? Or only from your broker ?
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2017, 8:07pm   #13
Joined Feb 2016
I guess they are not limited to cyprus only, if you stop picking up those calls they will simply switch numbers and start calling you from other locations like i once experienced calls from a broker and when i started ignoring these calls i started receiving calls from +44 numbers and again the same broker representative..
progix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:11pm   #14
Joined Jul 2005
Arbu started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmistake View Post
Maybe it works until a new employer come.
Or a new employee who has the same list but hasn't crossed me off. I've had two of these calls today. Maybe I should start reporting them to the telephone preference service although if the callers are outside the UK I don't know how effective that will be.
Arbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:45pm   #15
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
jees they just love you ...........why not just say hang on a minute and leave the phome off the hook .......works every time
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:56am   #16
Joined Jul 2005
Arbu started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
jees they just love you ...........why not just say hang on a minute and leave the phome off the hook .......works every time
Yes, that's probably the best thing to do, thanks. It's tempting to be really offensive to them, but I'm worried that if I got into the habit of doing that one day I'd be so to a genuine caller, which would be awful.
Arbu is offline   Reply With Quote