What is the best ECN forex broker?

This is a discussion on What is the best ECN forex broker? within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Agne35 Hope they will ignore those broker who offers so much free stuff. I think new traders ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 22, 2017, 8:14pm   #17
Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agne35 View Post
Hope they will ignore those broker who offers so much free stuff.
I think new traders should make some thorough research before finalizing any reputed broker because it is becoming much difficult to find a decent broker these days.
progix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2017, 3:37pm   #18
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by progix View Post
I think new traders should make some thorough research before finalizing any reputed broker because it is becoming much difficult to find a decent broker these days.
What are the criterions you can suggest essential for valid research on a broker?
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:25pm   #19
Joined Apr 2017
Sometimes I see someone about saying true ECN broker . what is actually True ECN ?
Peter Borren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:38pm   #20

5 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Borren View Post
Sometimes I see someone about saying true ECN broker . what is actually True ECN ?
A true ECN is a system that allows routing your trade to another member of the ECN.
The vendor or agency that provides the software (and sometimes hardware) could be a neutral broker or just a technology provider agency. If is a neutral broker their commission per transaction should be very low. They won’t take the other side of your trade and might offering you to deposit with them but as extra services. You can find all quoted prices and venues to route your trades and should get some notion of the transaction outcome before the pending order get place, so it will be for example a slippage event, you will know exactly the different among prices, that can occurs ( due markets condition at the day, venue notify that slippage event can occur, so the trader will not be surprised if they dont get filled in the price the want to deal) since the venue (a brokerage house, broker dealer, an exchange or another trader) will post in the pre trade book.
If is a retail ENC there is a little blur due ENC are most popular and flexible in the wholesale side, so for the retail ECN is the same on quoting price, but you do not connect directly to the venue that is streaming the price, the broker will send your trade and place it with a venue that is willing to make a deal with those retail blocks orders.

If the ECN is a tech, news, data provider company (like Bloomber, Flextrade or Reuters) they won’t hold funds in your behalf, they just will charge a monthly fee for the services and just will link your order to the venue you choose to.
Ereson is offline Spread Betting Company   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:30am   #21

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
I think it really depends what you're looking for. Tighter spreads on ECN but instant execution on MM/DD. However, like a lot of people have said here, execution on most modern ECN platforms is pretty much instant with no re-quotes.

A lot of traders like the 'peace of mind' factor that comes with ECN, in the fact that they're simply passing the trade through to a liquidity provider/other participant in the market and it's not going to a desk with someone that (possibly) has different interests to you.

Most brokers that are 'true' ECN will market this quite heavily on their website/info etc, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.
rgibson91 is offline   Reply With Quote