What is the best ECN forex broker?

This is a discussion on What is the best ECN forex broker? within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by bigmistake How do you define the best ECN broker? Please advise. Yeah, that's interesting point. I am ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:01pm   #9
Joined Mar 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmistake View Post
How do you define the best ECN broker? Please advise.
Yeah, that's interesting point. I am also interested to learn a lot about this matter.
Raynold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:49pm   #10
Joined Feb 2017
CapMar.

Unfortunately they won't be accessible to you unless you have at least £250k to trade.

But you did ask...
Fill_Or_Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:09pm   #11
Joined Sep 2013
I'm really amused to read those comments where people have no clue about consistently winning trading but demand something that won't help them at this stage. I would say they rationalize their impotence in trading blaming brokers for it. That's incorrect approach, imo.
Start from yourself before you can really know what are your requirements for ideal broker.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:23pm   #12
Joined Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
I'm really amused to read those comments where people have no clue about consistently winning trading but demand something that won't help them at this stage. I would say they rationalize their impotence in trading blaming brokers for it. That's incorrect approach, imo.
Start from yourself before you can really know what are your requirements for ideal broker.
Gerry, Gerry, you're such a cynic. As an experienced trader would you advise someone to practice on a spread marked up by 500% or by using a proper OTC matching engine with the underlying spread and paying commission? If you had the choice?

It strikes me that effort spent beating the Euro on a 1 point spread is something of a waste of time. I also have no idea how anyone scalps on such a spread, consistently. Presumably nobody actually does it for a living.
Fill_Or_Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:26pm   #13
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fill_Or_Kill View Post
Gerry, Gerry, you're such a cynic. As an experienced trader would you advise someone to practice on a spread marked up by 500% or by using a proper OTC matching engine with the underlying spread and paying commission? If you had the choice?

It strikes me that effort spent beating the Euro on a 1 point spread is something of a waste of time. I also have no idea how anyone scalps on such a spread, consistently. Presumably nobody actually does it for a living.
Well first of all I wouldn't call myself experienced, still learning hard to earn those pennies

Second is, you are carrying the case to the extreme. Competition in the broker market is a primary catalyst for service improvements and playing dirty quickly turns well-established business footing into walking on the rope.

Thirdly, not blaming myself in my mistakes means lose the opportunity to learn. Exculpating myself blocks the path of self-development, so you have to be in constant process of picking holes in yourself.
That's my philosophy
Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:38pm   #14
Joined Feb 2017
I don’t have any problem with MM or ECN unless the broker is well regulated. I believe it is your trading style which is more important. I won’t go if that broker has no FCA regulation and well market reputation. No authority has the same degree of trust as FCA does!

It would be very tough to compare between ECN brokers by trading environment. Most of the ECN brokers offer lighting fast execution and no requote these days. However, I prefer ECN broker with lower commission for my Scalping. I switched to a ECN broker called Tickmill and I am happy so far.

Actually, I am a Price Action trader in daily chart but as you know market turmoil is very high recently. Nobody knows what Mr.Trump is going to do next with Syria and Russia. France election is playing vital role as Le Pen wants Frexit, OPEC is next and so much more.

I switched to my scalping strategy unless these changes and lower spread ECN is vital to scalp.
Agne35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:14pm   #15
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agne35 View Post
I don’t have any problem with MM or ECN unless the broker is well regulated. I believe it is your trading style which is more important. I won’t go if that broker has no FCA regulation and well market reputation. No authority has the same degree of trust as FCA does!

It would be very tough to compare between ECN brokers by trading environment. Most of the ECN brokers offer lighting fast execution and no requote these days. However, I prefer ECN broker with lower commission for my Scalping. I switched to a ECN broker called Tickmill and I am happy so far.

Actually, I am a Price Action trader in daily chart but as you know market turmoil is very high recently. Nobody knows what Mr.Trump is going to do next with Syria and Russia. France election is playing vital role as Le Pen wants Frexit, OPEC is next and so much more.

I switched to my scalping strategy unless these changes and lower spread ECN is vital to scalp.

Ok so how did you figure out that your broker is ECN? Any distinguishing features you can share with newbies?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:13pm   #16
Joined Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Ok so how did you figure out that your broker is ECN? Any distinguishing features you can share with newbies?
To be honest it is very tough to identify a True ECN broker. But I have experience trading with few ‘ECN by Association’ brokers like FXCC. I have had experience with them multiple fake candles! I have screenshot.

First point is, a scam broker won’t ask you twice for verification but Tickmill ask me twice to send my documents. I had to provide my Passport and rejected my ID card! (No FX broker did before, I have open account with more than 20 brokers with this ID card!) They wanted a paper scan (after providing the digital pdf)! I believe this is a great sign.

I traded the rumor of today (Trump threaten N.Korea) , I had 4 short at USDJPY and all of them was close in positive slippage! ( one of them was 3 pips), Nobody does that unless a true ECN. Never found re-quote! And you can set SL anyway you like no minimum PIP requirements. And they offer no big offers which is a big sign of a good ECN broker.

Hope this will help newbies. Hope they will ignore those broker who offers so much free stuff.
Agne35 is offline   Reply With Quote