Solid ECN Broker Comparisons

This is a discussion on Solid ECN Broker Comparisons within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Licence for me is not the most important aspect, I need my conditions to stay: low spreads, choice of leverage, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:10pm   #9
Joined Jan 2017
jman9 started this thread Licence for me is not the most important aspect, I need my conditions to stay: low spreads, choice of leverage, I start with 1:500 and fast execution, those are broker relevant apart from the leverage of course which seems problematic for eu brokers now. 1:50 means I need to invest 10 X more to reach the same results...good or bad
jman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:34pm   #10
Joined Jan 2017
License should be important. It's like insurance, you don't think you'll need it but if the sh*t hits the fan you're glad it's there
BeedyBrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:42pm   #11
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman9 View Post
Licence for me is not the most important aspect, I need my conditions to stay: low spreads, choice of leverage, I start with 1:500 and fast execution, those are broker relevant apart from the leverage of course which seems problematic for eu brokers now. 1:50 means I need to invest 10 X more to reach the same results...good or bad
Leverage speeds up losing process, I don't see anything bad for traders from that regulators move. Because of newbie ignorance thousands become victims of leverage and bonuses and other trips that brokers happy to use on their clients.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:40am   #12
Joined Jan 2017
jman9 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Leverage speeds up losing process, I don't see anything bad for traders from that regulators move. Because of newbie ignorance thousands become victims of leverage and bonuses and other trips that brokers happy to use on their clients.
Yes I agree that leverage can be and is dangerous if misused, but surely it's an option that should be the decision of the trader, not the regulator? My system for example needs higher leverage to maximise the profit from the short trades it executes in order for trading to be worth while. With 1:50 I'll be trading 10 times more often to achieve the same return
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:33pm   #13
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
I have a high volume scalping EA and am reviewing some ecn brokers accounts to choose the best one for me.

I am comparing the Yadix ECN account and the IC Markets ECN account as my two favourite accounts to compare, both are offering spreads from zero pips on EUR/USD, IC markets has EUR/USD from 0 pips and Yadix has several more pairs with zero pips, Yadix Gold and Oil spreads are excellent and the indices are very low too. Both accounts have teh same low ecn commissions.

My next comparison is execution and slippage, with Yadix I am being executed on a small test account anywhere between 7ms - 20 ms and some low level slippage, positive and negative which is a good sign for true direct to market execution.

I never tested IC markets yet, can anyone advise on slippage and execution speeds before I invest the minimum to try?

For scalping I would recommend you FCA regulated Tickmill or Нotforex, IMO they provide best conditions for scalping, you will that in time they don't change spreads or execution speed as many brokers do, making scalping unprofitable. Remember that only time shows if a broker is suitable for scalping or not.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 7:42pm   #14
Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Licence for me is not the most important aspect, I need my conditions to stay: low spreads, choice of leverage, I start with 1:500 and fast execution, those are broker relevant apart from the leverage of course which seems problematic for eu brokers now. 1:50 means I need to invest 10 X more to reach the same results...good or bad
Hello there
Personally, I don't have experience with Yadix or IC Markets, but same as you I was looking for 1:500 leverage, low spread and fast execution. I can recommend lqdfx, pretty decent broker offering the above
dermotobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:30pm   #15
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dermotobrien View Post
Hello there
Personally, I don't have experience with Yadix or IC Markets, but same as you I was looking for 1:500 leverage, low spread and fast execution. I can recommend lqdfx, pretty decent broker offering the above
All brokers fit those requirements from the first exposure, more important is how a brokers keeps control over his pocket when it comes to pay to some talented lucky trader on continuing basis. Isn't there a conflict of interest. That's really hard to check as percent of consistently winning traders is pretty low and sadly they used to spend time on making money rather than hanging around forums.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:54am   #16
Joined Jan 2017
jman9 started this thread quick update, Yadix added 2 more liquidity during past weekend, small decrease in spread and execution is good. Opened account at vantage for testing, will update.