Which broker to choose from metadrader

This is a discussion on Which broker to choose from metadrader within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; When picking a broker I agree with most of the points previously stated. Regulation, spreads, execution are all key aspects. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:11pm   #17

2 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Picking a broker

When picking a broker I agree with most of the points previously stated.

Regulation, spreads, execution are all key aspects.

One major point i think is overlooked is the level of customer service provided by a prospective broker.

From a personal standpoint I find this as important as spreads etc, you should be able to speak to someone 24hrs while the markets are open, not just via live chat but on the phone. Some brokers will also offer a personal relationship manager for your account for a certain account size, this can be a major help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotexyo View Post
There are several factors to consider.
Is your broker STP or ECN?
Regulation
low spread
Speed of execution of trades
Also withdrawal process.

If a broker can satisfy all these points, then its worth considering
kiwitrader101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:02pm   #18
Joined Sep 2013
Only consistent profitable trading can be used as a true indicator of broker reliability. The only problem between you and broker can be conflict of interest and if your broker use counterparty to hedge your orders then there is no conflict of interest between you and broker and you can rely on them.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:41am   #19
Joined Apr 2015
Is there any new MT4 Broker you guy noticed, wanted to open an account to see if I can make money.
Beachyman is offline Spread Betting Company   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:24pm   #20
Joined Mar 2016
Beware of brokers who are regulated by unreliable authorities such as Etoro, these guys are fairly new on the scene but I have heard some bad things about them on various Forums, such as people being unable to withdraw money from there trading accounts(regulated in Cyprus). I think it best to stick with brokers that are regulated either in the US or by the FCA. There are plenty of platforms starting up everyday.
I am starting a blog and will make the subject of regulation one of my next posts
genefx.wordpress.com
GeneFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:02am   #21
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneFX View Post
Beware of brokers who are regulated by unreliable authorities such as Etoro, these guys are fairly new on the scene but I have heard some bad things about them on various Forums, such as people being unable to withdraw money from there trading accounts(regulated in Cyprus). I think it best to stick with brokers that are regulated either in the US or by the FCA. There are plenty of platforms starting up everyday.
I am starting a blog and will make the subject of regulation one of my next posts
genefx.wordpress.com
FCA and US brokers also take their clients for a ride but make it in a more sophisticated ways. IMO we can trust only to experience so have to gain it more, not wasting time reading feedback, listening to complaints, etc.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:50am   #22

Joined Mar 2004
I don't think it unreasonable for brokers looking for business to offer perks such as indicators etc.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:41pm   #23
Joined Jun 2016
I don't think regulations matters too much if you can recognize that you're not trading with a bucket shop prior to opening the account. Spreads matter, execution matters, withdrawals matter, support matters. Test with a smaller amount if you're not too confident in the broker and let them build your trust.
dermotobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2016, 6:10pm   #24

Joined Mar 2004
I am still waiting on KPMG to pay out for Alpari(UK)'s bankruptcy. Been about 2 years now. So it's not just brokers one has to worry about.