Can we trust market makers (DD)?

This is a discussion on Can we trust market makers (DD)? within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Open both a futures and otc acc, trade them with exclusively with limit orders side by side, then you can ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:31pm   #9

Joined Nov 2003
Open both a futures and otc acc, trade them with exclusively with limit orders side by side, then you can make your mind up based on your actual experience rather than on someone elses view.
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:36pm   #10
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
Open both a futures and otc acc, trade them with exclusively with limit orders side by side, then you can make your mind up based on your actual experience rather than on someone elses view.
Yeah sure, better to keep mouth close and spend money for tests and understanding nothing at the end.

It takes years to understand pros and cons both. Futures are much complicated, i.e. more data to to analyze, different costs, liquidity.
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:46pm   #11

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryg View Post
Yeah sure, better to keep mouth close and spend money for tests and understanding nothing at the end.

It takes years to understand pros and cons both. Futures are much complicated, i.e. more data to to analyze, different costs, liquidity.
I dunno about years, but it does take an open mind. When alls said and done, in fast / gaping market, where would you want your limit filled? Dead nuts or + something in your favour? Its not rocket science
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:40pm   #12
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
I dunno about years, but it does take an open mind. When alls said and done, in fast / gaping market, where would you want your limit filled? Dead nuts or + something in your favour? Its not rocket science
Ok looks good lets see how's progressed with your tip
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:34pm   #13

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Ok looks good lets see how's progressed with your tip
Well its not a tip as so much as a fact of life. If you compare the tp orders (green column) with the tp fills (red box) youll find many price improvements. Look at the comments section on the right youll find (started/gap) comments also, although the MT4 blotters dont record the numbers for the entries, not that im aware of anyways. All orders are limit orders, going in and coming out.
Attached Thumbnails
slip.jpg  

Last edited by darktone; Aug 17, 2017 at 6:39pm.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:05pm   #14
Joined Sep 2013
Quote:
Well its not a tip as so much as a fact of life. If you compare the tp orders (green column) with the tp fills (red box) youll find many price improvements. Look at the comments section on the right youll find (started/gap) comments also, although the MT4 blotters dont record the numbers for the entries, not that im aware of anyways. All orders are limit orders, going in and coming out.
Oh this right column looks really good for analysis of platform performance. How can I add this in journal?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:24pm   #15

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Oh this right column looks really good for analysis of platform performance. How can I add this in journal?
open terminal / account history / right click and tick comments.
enjoy
EDIT:- if you drag the closed trades onto the chart itll show the entry and exit, can be useful too.

Last edited by darktone; Aug 22, 2017 at 3:31pm.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:12pm   #16
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alifx View Post
Can we trust a market maker broker, is there such thing as a good dealing desk?
You can trust them if you are one of the 90% that loses money trading.

If you are a winner, google for 'non dealing desk'.

Btw, this is such an important topic, that the mods should consider making it 'stick'.
The Conflict of Interest is so glaring.
parthaab is offline   Reply With Quote