Hirose Financial UK - chat

This is a discussion on Hirose Financial UK - chat within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by twinj I mean the execution I find slow. With the competition, I can see the execution is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21, 2012, 8:40am   #61
Joined Mar 2012
Re: Hirose Financial UK - chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinj View Post
I mean the execution I find slow. With the competition, I can see the execution is swift. However, with your demo, after I press the buy or sell, that actions goes into the order table and then disappears to show that it has executed. So I hope you can appreciate, that is slow. Is this still an isolated incident?
I think you are right, I compered with Oanda and is very slow. The time you press the button until the time it gets executed is very slow.

I will send them an email.
Mike Kshemaraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2012, 8:52am   #62
Joined Apr 2008

Thanks for your confirmation Mike. As I said before, I think it is because the information has to travel all the way from UK to Japan and back again. If the servers are in London, I think we would see a big difference.
twinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:25pm   #63
Joined Sep 2006

I have been using their proxy servers which seem to be ok. For someone who likes testing strategies though, its quite useful and easy to download and backtest.
The Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:30pm   #64
Joined Mar 2012

It is working for me now.
Mike Kshemaraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:37pm   #65
Joined Sep 2006

has anyone been using their downloadable EA trading apps. if so are the realtime results consistent with the backtest?
The Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:04pm   #66
Joined Feb 2012

Hi Hirose Financial UK,

Would it be possible for your website to have live spreads of the most popular currencies on it. Most brokers do this now and it's a quick way of gauging differences between brokers. I know it is possible to sign up for a demo account and see for myself, but there is no way to opt out of marketing information when you sign up, which is a major negative in my opinion.

Thanks.

LBP.
lilbitpipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:20pm   #67
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitpipsy View Post
Hi Hirose Financial UK,

Would it be possible for your website to have live spreads of the most popular currencies on it. Most brokers do this now and it's a quick way of gauging differences between brokers. I know it is possible to sign up for a demo account and see for myself, but there is no way to opt out of marketing information when you sign up, which is a major negative in my opinion.

Thanks.

LBP.
Hi LBP,
we are constrained at the moment with regard to live prices on the website - its more a legacy issue rather than not wanting to post live prices.

Automatic opt out of marketing can be achieved by emailing info@hiroseuk.com. We will however make this option clear when downloading a demo.
Hirose Financial UK is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:30am   #68
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirose Financial UK View Post
Hi LBP,
we are constrained at the moment with regard to live prices on the website - its more a legacy issue rather than not wanting to post live prices.

Automatic opt out of marketing can be achieved by emailing info@hiroseuk.com. We will however make this option clear when downloading a demo.
Hi,

Thanks for the information. Is the "live prices on the website" issue to do with the website being based in Japan, as opposed to a UK based website?

Also, with regard to trading, are those servers also based in Japan. Does the LionTrader platform connect directly to them, or is there some kind of bridge system in the UK that the platform connects to, in order to push trades through.

Thanks again.

LBP.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:26pm   #69
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread Hi LBP

its more a time / cost thing getting live prices on the website at the moment but it will happen at some point.

We have servers in Japan, New York and London. Trade execution speed is our lifeblood so we are constantly trying to reduce latency, both from the client terminal (proxy servers are available) to the execution points ( our liquidity providers). Please do not hesitate to call us if you would like further information.
Hirose Financial UK is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:20pm   #70
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirose Financial UK View Post
Hi LBP

its more a time / cost thing getting live prices on the website at the moment but it will happen at some point.

We have servers in Japan, New York and London. Trade execution speed is our lifeblood so we are constantly trying to reduce latency, both from the client terminal (proxy servers are available) to the execution points ( our liquidity providers). Please do not hesitate to call us if you would like further information.
Hi,

Are the London servers based in your own office or at a 3rd party site. What provisions are there for a catastrophic failure on the London servers/platform...would it be possible to place/close orders, adjust stop loss etc. by phone if this were to happen?

Also, is it possible to trade directly from the chart, and would it be possible to automate trading based on chart indicators/lines etc.?

Thanks.

LBP