Hirose Financial UK - chat

This is a discussion on Hirose Financial UK - chat within the Forex Brokers forums, part of the Commercial category; Hi Shaun12uk Yes - it is Straight Through Processing - ie we take no risk and concentrate on getting the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:10am   #31
Joined Nov 2011
Re: Hirose Financial UK - chat

Hirose Financial UK started this thread Hi Shaun12uk

Yes - it is Straight Through Processing - ie we take no risk and concentrate on getting the best prices from our liquidity providers. This means there is no conflict of interest.
Hirose Financial UK is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:02pm   #32
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread To all traders this is to give you the heads up that Daylight Saving Time starts on Sunday 11th March. This will affect closing times and rollover financing if you have open positions. This lasts for 2 weeks until BST begins on Sunday 25th March.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:52am   #33
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread There have been a number of enquiries about our LionTrader platform and using Robots. The platform has been developed by ActForex and traders can download strategy apps from their store very easily (ActFX Algorithmic Trading). If you are using a demo account you simply click on 'Launch Strategy' to download your choice. You can also create your own algo using Act's proprietory language. It is very simple to pull streaming prices into another application like Excel just by enabling the DDE Server in Settings.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:49pm   #34
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread Traders can download mobile apps from the wesite / stores for iphone, iPad and Android.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:42pm   #35
Joined Sep 2006

when does the food arrive?

Trading Platform, Charting Package, Research Tools - oh and don't forget the meat! Hirose UK | Forex Magnates
The Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:41pm   #36
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread Hi Pear,

our HQ in Japan run quite a successful service. we are looking into logistics in the UK.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:28pm   #37
Joined Apr 2008

I noticed the spreads on your homepage EURUSD 0.7 and GBPUSD 0.6-1.2. With EURUSD, is this fixed 24/7? Also with GBPUSD, does the spread remain within the range quoted 24/7?

I am surprised about what you mentioned about execution over announcements. You mention virtually no requotes. Does this mean there is entry slippage? By this I mean, I see a price and click but I may be given a slightly different price due to the delay in sending out the order from me to your computers?
twinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:30pm   #38
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinj View Post
I noticed the spreads on your homepage EURUSD 0.7 and GBPUSD 0.6-1.2. With EURUSD, is this fixed 24/7? Also with GBPUSD, does the spread remain within the range quoted 24/7?

I am surprised about what you mentioned about execution over announcements. You mention virtually no requotes. Does this mean there is entry slippage? By this I mean, I see a price and click but I may be given a slightly different price due to the delay in sending out the order from me to your computers?
Hi Twinj and thank you for your comments.

Our spreads are variable but over 95% of the time EURUSD will be 0.7 and at the time of writing this GBPUSD is 0.8. The reason that we have variable spreads is that we use over 15 liquidity providers (banks etc) to supply us with prices. The problem generally is that at certain times, like over figures, these liquidity providers tend to widen their prices and that is relected in our prices.

So most of the time we can offer ultra tight prices but there will be occasions when they do widen.

Hirose as a Group transacts over $90 billion a month. The model is STP, taking the best bid and offer from multiple liquidity providers (an aggregated feed). As it is STP when you click on BUY your order is routed as a market order and as such you will get filled at the best available price.

We place great importance on the speed of execution which ultimately determines client sentiment. We have algorithmic traders using many techniques including scalping, which is a good test of slippage. They continue to trade happliy which is encouraging.

Our demo account uses live prices so one can get a good idea of the spreads avaialable without having to open a real account.

Last edited by Hirose Financial UK; Mar 30, 2012 at 2:37pm.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:33pm   #39
Joined Apr 2008

Thanks for your reply. But I am still not so sure. For instance, CMC claim that there are no requotes. I can believe this because I may not get the price I clicked on. Am I right in thinking that with you, I should get the price I clicked on?

Another question, I thought that liquidity providers like banks only accept large orders. So I am not sure how the small orders you offer can be processed straight through?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:26pm   #40
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread Hi Twinj,
just to be perfectly clear so there is no doubt: when you click on a price you are entering a Market order. The price you get is the price that is available at that moment in time ie it is matched to what is available. So, what you click on may not be what you get but it should be most of the time.....otherwise we would not have a business.

Re liquidity: the good news now is that it is possible for our liquidity providers to accept sizes below 100,000 units which historically was the cutoff point which allows us to facilitate a STP model.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:38pm   #41
Joined Sep 2006

does anyone know if thier demo prices are the same as their live prices?
The Pear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:52pm   #42
Joined Apr 2008

I am using their demo and I think they are. The software download also states so.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:06pm   #43
Joined Nov 2011

Hirose Financial UK started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinj View Post
I am using their demo and I think they are. The software download also states so.
Hi Pear and Twinj. Yes you are correct, the demo feed and live feed are the same.

We are finding that quite a few traders are using strategies on the demo and then applying them in the live environment with consistent results (as it should be). They also like using Micro Lots (1000 per unit).
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:03am   #44

Joined Nov 2010

Hi,

would like to join the party but using LionTrader I am being firewalled in my office. On which port does it work? Any workaround?
foxmajster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:17am   #45
Joined Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirose Financial UK View Post
Hi Pear and Twinj. Yes you are correct, the demo feed and live feed are the same.

We are finding that quite a few traders are using strategies on the demo and then applying them in the live environment with consistent results (as it should be). They also like using Micro Lots (1000 per unit).
Hi there

I am interested.

I know I can import your DDE data in my software package, Amibroker, But I would like to import the data without the pipettes but only with pips, meaning when prices change they will change only by pips and not by pipette.

Can you talk with your people and see if you can do something about it? Thank you.

Please find attached an image of a data and charting provider that oscillate only by pips.
Attached Thumbnails
17-4-2.png  
Mike Kshemaraja is offline   Reply With Quote