Am I missing something?

This is a discussion on Am I missing something? within the Fixed Odds forums, part of the Commercial category; I while back I read somewhere a simple strategy. You were to buy or sell on forex and use bets ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 24, 2007, 4:06pm   #1
Joined Jan 2006
Am I missing something?

I while back I read somewhere a simple strategy. You were to buy or sell on forex and use bets to hedge your position. This way you can't loose. It seems foolproof but I wanted a second opinion just in case.

Thanks

P.S.: If you don't mind please also state the betting service you use if you trade this strategy.
ForexDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:47pm   #2

Joined Jul 2001
No. You can lose x2

"Adapt or die!" Said the Coackroach to the Dinosaur.

Beware of false signals bearing gifts.

"I have seen the enemy...and it is me."

Follow the path of least resistance.
options is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:09pm   #3

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForexDude View Post
I while back I read somewhere a simple strategy. You were to buy or sell on forex and use bets to hedge your position. This way you can't loose. It seems foolproof but I wanted a second opinion just in case.

Thanks

P.S.: If you don't mind please also state the betting service you use if you trade this strategy.
Hmm that may have been my post a while back, and yes you could lose. The hedge bet against the spot position is taken to flatten out the return - so you win on a far wider price movement - but your return is less as a consequence. I can't remember the exact details - but I never decided to follow it through.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:41pm   #4

Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForexDude View Post

Thanks

There was a thread about this and I directed folks to goldenmoneytree.com where it is explained.

Like most things that sound too good to be true I got the feeling this strategy was not an exception.

Think about it.