Betfair Trading Strategies

This is a discussion on Betfair Trading Strategies within the Fixed Odds forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by saj1011 INDIAN WELLS TENNIS TODAY: Coming up Today 19:00 King/Shvedova ODDS 2.56 Aoyama/Yang ODDS 3.75 example, i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:33pm   #17
Joined Feb 2017
SportsTradingExposed started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1011 View Post
INDIAN WELLS TENNIS TODAY:
Coming up
Today 19:00
King/Shvedova ODDS 2.56
Aoyama/Yang ODDS 3.75

example, i put on 20 gbp for backing fav, it wins me 30, i bet 10 gbp on not-fav and if they win i get circa 27.5 gbp

i can automate this on betfair right?

thanks
Yes you can even develop your own software. They have an API for this - https://developer.betfair.com/. Or you can use some software available, there are some with Excel integration for example. You can find all Betfair approved software here - https://apps.betfair.com/

Last edited by SportsTradingExposed; Mar 13, 2017 at 7:08pm. Reason: typo & merge
SportsTradingExposed is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:25am   #18
Joined Aug 2012
Quote:
INDIAN WELLS TENNIS TODAY:
Coming up
Today 19:00
King/Shvedova ODDS 2.56
Aoyama/Yang ODDS 3.75

example, i put on 20 gbp for backing fav, it wins me 30, i bet 10 gbp on not-fav and if they win i get circa 27.5 gbp

i can automate this on betfair right?

thanks
Correct me If I am wrong So your outlay = 30
If King wins you only get 25.6 back so loss of 4.40?
No arbitrage!
Are you trying to DUTCH? use this http://www.aussportsbetting.com/tool...ng-calculator/
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:15am   #19
Joined Mar 2011
it was only an example, i did realise shortly after it was not perfect...trial and error!

so if id did build an automated tool that studies pan-exchange data for what i described "Lay low & Back high", what features should it have minimum?

thanks
saj1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:42am   #20

Joined Mar 2004
Snooker, darts and tennis must be the favourites ?
I used to watch horses and greyhounds but couldn't make it pay.
I don't know what the odds were on the Andy Murray match, which he lost recently ?

Clever stuff though.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:36pm   #21
Joined Feb 2017
Quote:
it was only an example, i did realise shortly after it was not perfect...trial and error!

so if id did build an automated tool that studies pan-exchange data for what i described "Lay low & Back high", what features should it have minimum?

thanks
It's quite broad question because I believe there is many possible features and I hope some others will expand the list. But for example if I'm talking about horse racing pre-race, my usual behavior looks like this:

1) load the market 10 minutes before the race starts
2) trade the market by placing Back & Lay bets
3) hedge (cash out) 10 seconds before the race starts = close your positions
4) move to the next market

Is that what you were asking for? Or are you asking for specific signals & strategies?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:43pm   #22
Joined Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Snooker, darts and tennis must be the favourites ?
I used to watch horses and greyhounds but couldn't make it pay.
I don't know what the odds were on the Andy Murray match, which he lost recently ?

Clever stuff though.
The biggest three sports on Betfair are:

1) Horse racing
2) Tennis
3) Football

There are also good volumes traded on Cricket. (I don't know much about snooker or darts tbh)

I personally always traded on horse racing & greyhounds and I never needed any knowledge of the sport. There is many races every day during the whole year and you can have a regular working hours.

Horses before the start behave like a wild financial markets with 10 minutes expiration time - this gives you a great opportunity to leverage your money on exchange because you can trade 10 minutes before the start of the race and you immediately know if you won or lost. Then you move to another race, etc. At least that's how I do it.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:10pm   #23

Joined Sep 2014
A series of private links to more than 40 real-time learning videos!

Price: £79

Click to buy now

Click the image to open in full size.
itspossible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:39pm   #24
Joined Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTradingExposed View Post
It's quite broad question because I believe there is many possible features and I hope some others will expand the list. But for example if I'm talking about horse racing pre-race, my usual behavior looks like this:

1) load the market 10 minutes before the race starts
2) trade the market by placing Back & Lay bets
3) hedge (cash out) 10 seconds before the race starts = close your positions
4) move to the next market

Is that what you were asking for? Or are you asking for specific signals & strategies?
yes something like that or i ciurrently also like the idea of only betting on games with only two outcomes, like tennis - as if a draw in football you can lose your stake if you back the loser. so minimal loss is desired and have bank covered as best as possible.
thanks
saj1011 is offline   Reply With Quote