Betfair Trading Strategies

This is a discussion on Betfair Trading Strategies within the Fixed Odds forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by saj1011 hi, i made a bit of an oversight in my last post, the automated betting would ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:55am   #9
Joined Feb 2017
SportsTradingExposed started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1011 View Post
hi, i made a bit of an oversight in my last post, the automated betting would work best on sports with high possibility of only 2 outcomes, win or lose (no draw)...

of course were the underdog's odds are 2-5 times ++ the odds of the favourite and the stake on the fav would cover the loss if the underdog lost...so darts, tennis, mma, boxing and maybe american football as very few draws in this.

I am no pro-gambler as you may gather, just trying to brainstorm an automated gambling strategy.

Thanks for input and any advice welcome.
What I see everyday in the market is an overreaction when something important happens in the market. I believe you can easily automate this - when you see a price changes quickly at some direction, it often goes back and corrects itself shortly after.

Darts & Tennis are good examples for overreactions. Just see a few Betfair charts and you should definitely spot them. It looks like a quick shot up or down.

Market making should work well on these markets, too.

To be honest, I'm also not a gambler - I just trade bets & graphs and I know nothing about sports
SportsTradingExposed is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:07pm   #10
Joined Mar 2011
ok, so i suppose there are two options:
1/. developing or locate something automated that is accepted by betfair (or similar exchange) that does tennis etc
2/. developing something that monitors 2-4 online bookies to do the best arbitrage

at this stage i don't know if either possible.

obviously my initiative only really works if underdog wins lol, maybe one in eight trades, but the bank is covered as main fav bet covers loss..

35 gbp at 2/1 on fav and 35 gbp on underdog at 8-1
something like that.
saj1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:23pm   #11
Joined Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTradingExposed View Post

The other type of trading is what I do, for example:

I open a horse race 10 minutes before the start of the race. The odds are moving up and down which I'm using to Lay low & Back high on a single horse. This makes me a profit and it is basically an arbitrage - but executed in different times, not at the same time.
With all due respect what you describing is not "Arbitrage" it is basically trading , Arbitrage is something where you lock n profit at exact same time like your Exchange / Bookie type description , "Lay low & Back high" is simply trading
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:41pm   #12
Joined Mar 2011
ok thanks for clearing that up.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:54pm   #13
Joined Mar 2011
what are best bookies / exchanges to get a data feed out of?

betfair obviously and anybody else?

as of course if get feed can analyse live data and develop software to place favourable trades across multiple sources.

thanks
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:03pm   #14
Joined Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by moka2 View Post
With all due respect what you describing is not "Arbitrage" it is basically trading , Arbitrage is something where you lock n profit at exact same time like your Exchange / Bookie type description , "Lay low & Back high" is simply trading
Yes, you're right, that's why I added "it is basically an arbitrage - but executed in different times" in my sentence.

Let's call it simply "trading".
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:05pm   #15
Joined Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1011 View Post
what are best bookies / exchanges to get a data feed out of?

betfair obviously and anybody else?

as of course if get feed can analyse live data and develop software to place favourable trades across multiple sources.

thanks
Betfair is the one with the biggest liquidity & volumes, then Betdaq, Matchbook and Smarkets. Maybe some more but I doubt there is enough liquidity there.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 4:22pm   #16
Joined Mar 2011
INDIAN WELLS TENNIS TODAY:
Coming up
Today 19:00
King/Shvedova ODDS 2.56
Aoyama/Yang ODDS 3.75

example, i put on 20 gbp for backing fav, it wins me 30, i bet 10 gbp on not-fav and if they win i get circa 27.5 gbp

i can automate this on betfair right?

thanks

Last edited by saj1011; Mar 13, 2017 at 4:28pm.