Any Safe Soccer Betting Strategy ?

This is a discussion on Any Safe Soccer Betting Strategy ? within the Fixed Odds forums, part of the Commercial category; Hellooooooooo brudderz............. any safe soccer betting strategy to recommend ? i'm not looking for tips but a mechanical strategy that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:48pm   #1
Joined Nov 2006
Any Safe Soccer Betting Strategy ?

Hellooooooooo brudderz.............

any safe soccer betting strategy to recommend ?

i'm not looking for tips but a mechanical strategy that can consistently make some profit............i know it's not gonna make me a millionaire.........
findcount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:54pm   #2
Joined Aug 2010
Re: Any Safe Soccer Betting Strategy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by findcount View Post

i'm not looking for tips but a mechanical strategy that can consistently make some profit............i know it's not gonna make me a millionaire.........
I wouldn't waste too much time looking if I were you bruv init.
FX Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 1:49pm   #3
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:

umm - safest bet is dont bet at all

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 2:38am   #4
Joined Oct 2010

If you're risking hard-earned cash on a bet, at least back a team you can count on to score. Try and avoid encounters between mediocre teams who sit in the middle of the league table. Often these matches are most unpredictable: a home win, away win and draw are all feasible results.
An alternative is to look for powerful, high scoring teams that have no trouble finding the back of the net. These are often the elite clubs of a league: Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Barcelona etc. But this is what most amateur punters do, so the bookies will almost always offer poor odds on the best teams.
A better strategy is to bet against extremely weak teams. Every league has one or two hopeless sides who lose every weekend. These bottom-dwellers are sometimes given too much credit by the bookmakers. Look for a situation where a decent or even below average club is playing at home against a dreadfully bad away team (one of those clubs that's 0-1-9 on the road for example). The bookie will often set the odds on the home side slightly below even money, say at 1.75 when it should really be much lower, like 1.50. Similarly the Asian Handicap will be -3/4 ball when it should be at least -1. If you can identify the whipping boys of a league, this is exactly the sort of situation where it's profitable to bet against them.
Believe it or not, luck can play a role in this type of strategy. Talented teams make their own luck and find a way to win (how many times have we seen Juventus or Chelsea sneak a 90th minute goal and win 1-0?). On the flip side, weak teams are often unlucky and the bounces just seem to go against them.
dccruibay is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:30am   #5
Joined Dec 2003

Quote:
a mechanical strategy that can consistently make some profit............
What like a perpetual money making machine where little or no effort is needed?

Aren't we all, innit.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:57am   #6
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:

Aiight brap brap, nuf love.

Safe bredren init.
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 7:20am   #7

7 Posts
Joined Jan 2011

I've never studied it myself but how about backing the team top of the league to win their next game. Most amateur gamblers will be backing the underdogs looking for the big pay-offs.

The odds for each game will be fairly poor but over the course of the season but if there are enough amateurs pushing up the pay-off for the favourite then the system will come out ahead.

A slight tweak would be maintain a league table of each team's last 5 results to bias the system towards the team with the best recent form.
ZT Strategy is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:18am   #8

Joined Jul 2007

As you say, the odds will be fairly poor but that is for a reason. Over the course of a season, you'll probably break even. Take for instance Chelsea's performance this season so far - you've had made a few losses before a win yesterday with just 1.4(?) as an SP. So you'd have taken 5 100% losses or so if you'd backed Chelsea to win over the last 3 months and made back maybe 30%.

The market is pretty efficient apart from those times when something unexpected happens.