can you trade Binaries / Fixed Odds for a full time living: disscussion

This is a discussion on can you trade Binaries / Fixed Odds for a full time living: disscussion within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Hi, Does anyone here trade binaries / fixed odds products full time for a living. And are they making decent ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:37pm   #1
Joined Apr 2008
can you trade Binaries / Fixed Odds for a full time living: disscussion

Hi,

Does anyone here trade binaries / fixed odds products full time for a living. And are they making decent money from them. I used to trade futures at a prop firm, recently I have had to get into a more stable role at a fund managers due to having children, however I like the idea of using betonmarkets / ig ladders on a part time basis, maybe in the future on a more permant basis. I like the fact that you have fixed liabilty and you wont be stoped out only to see the market go in your favour. Obvioulsy most of us have had that experience v.frustrating. Using these products obviously allow you to stay in the market.

Trying to start a thread on this subject and would like people opinons, trading techniques, i.e do they scalp and trade many times a day looking for small profits or do people trade them a few times a day / week looking for larger profits.

It may be the case people feel these products cant be used as full time income stream. So comments please.
clbfjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:29pm   #2

Joined Jan 2004
Re: can you trade Binaries / Fixed Odds for a full time living: disscussion

you can make enough to live on, however like most forms of trading its not a steady income stream.. you cant make money every month.. you will have losing months and long periods when you dont really want to be betting due to market conditions being out of synch with your preffered style.

there will also be the issue of being dependant on the binary bet firms for a living.. some have closed down in the past or just stopped offering binaries.
donaldduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:42pm   #3
Joined Apr 2008

clbfjc started this thread I belive reading an FT article this week that IG and Betonmarkets are going to increase exposure to the binary markets but other than these two players I do not belive there are other companies in the area..

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2cb03578-7...44feabdc0.html,

This said I am sure you can make a decent amount of money using binaries either full time or part time.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:45pm   #4
D70
Joined Nov 2009

1. Spreads are too large for scalping.
2. Make sure you build your option pricing model.
3. Pay close attention to vol and be on the right side of it (especially with regards to pricing).

Good luck.
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:42pm   #5
Joined Feb 2004

In all honesty I'd look at other products. as D70 says, spread will kill you in the long run. I'd be reluctant to limit myself to binaries if it was my livelihood.
ns1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:48pm   #6

Joined Jul 2007

The dependency on IG Index for my particular style of binary trading got me looking into "proper" trading.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:13am   #7
Joined Apr 2008

clbfjc started this thread How about, if trading over a longer term timeframe, ie a week or a month...