binary options

This is a discussion on binary options within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Nadex is a little different because they have multiple strikes. So your ITM return depends on which strike you choose. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2012, 11:22pm   #41

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Re: binary options

Nadex is a little different because they have multiple strikes. So your ITM return depends on which strike you choose. For example, if you buy the near the money strike at 52 and held to expiration, you would recieve $48 if it finished in the money, less commissions. So if you take commissions into consideration, this would be about 88%. If you bought a strike at 20, you would have a lower probability of finishing in the money, but if you held to expiration and finished in the money, it would be a 300%+ return. But the probability of your strike finishing in the money would be less b/c you are essentially buying an out of the money option. Or at the other extreme, if you bought at 80 and finsihed in the money, your return would be around 22%, but you are in a higher probability trade. So it's really just a different structure -- different strikes each with their own payout percentages.
dowtrader2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:37pm   #42

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2012

I don't know if this thread is still alive much but I think most of the binary platform companies are all very similar, and there is money to made rather quickly without the brokerage fees and all. In just less than 1/2 hour I made $73 one my $100 trade. I don't trade everyday but like to know that I can put in a trade when I see the right timing.
Trader'sChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:49pm   #43

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader'sChild View Post
I don't know if this thread is still alive much but I think most of the binary platform companies are all very similar, and there is money to made rather quickly without the brokerage fees and all. In just less than 1/2 hour I made $73 one my $100 trade. I don't trade everyday but like to know that I can put in a trade when I see the right timing.
Can I ask which broker you're trading with? Binary options appears to be an unregulated market and I have yet to see a genuine, positive review of any broker. There's plenty of phoney, reviews out there. The general consensus is that none of them are regulated and your trading account has no protection whatsoever.

If you are fortunate enough to have found a binary options broker, that is covered by the FSA guarantee scheme, you have some peace of mind (up to £85,000). I have yet to find one but, perhaps, I haven't looked hard, and long, enough
alan5616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:00pm   #44

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2012

I don't know if they are covered by the FSA guarantee, but I have made withdrawals before and recovered my initial $500 investment a while back. I still have a good chunk of money in it and make it grow by not turning my trading in to a gambling game. When I do not see a clear trend, I don't trade! This was also the advise I got from one of their brokers and I keep to it.
Trader'sChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:22pm   #45

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader'sChild View Post
I don't know if they are covered by the FSA guarantee, but I have made withdrawals before and recovered my initial $500 investment a while back. I still have a good chunk of money in it and make it grow by not turning my trading in to a gambling game. When I do not see a clear trend, I don't trade! This was also the advise I got from one of their brokers and I keep to it.
I'm suspicious of these binary options brokers that are not regulated. Even the binary options element, of IG Index, isn't covered by the FSA guarantee. Or, at least, it wasn't when i last checked a few weeks ago.

If you have found a broker whose integrity fills you with confidence, then that is very important. I haven't reached the stage of placing absolute confidence in a binary options broker. I, always, have this nagging fear of seeing my hard earned evaporate into the ether without the FSA being there to offer me a Kleenex
alan5616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:22am   #46
Joined Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan5616 View Post
I'm suspicious of these binary options brokers that are not regulated. Even the binary options element, of IG Index, isn't covered by the FSA guarantee. Or, at least, it wasn't when i last checked a few weeks ago.

If you have found a broker whose integrity fills you with confidence, then that is very important. I haven't reached the stage of placing absolute confidence in a binary options broker. I, always, have this nagging fear of seeing my hard earned evaporate into the ether without the FSA being there to offer me a Kleenex
Not sure if you have seen any of my other posts on here. I am an ex options trader and now trade my own book from the comfort of my own home. I use binaries a lot and have had many bad experiences, this hasn't put me off as I love the concept of a binary.

I now trade with PYXmarkets who I found a while ago. London based (really, not an apartment above a pizza place). Have an AR status from the FSA. Segregated funds... I don't even deposit with them its through an E-wallet with Paywizard who are also FSA regulated. I can withdraw and the money is back in my account within three days.
The best part of PYX is that they have a genuinely exciting platform not the same as the other up/down for 85% platforms.
I select what I am prepared to lose on the trade. the range I believe the asset will close at the end of the day.... I am then quoted a return in real time and can choose to trade or not. They offer up to 2000% return although a market would have to move a lot for this to be quoted.
Once I have placed a trade I can view my P/L in real time and sell at any point to take profit or cut losses.

I have used the same old platforms that no doubt you all have and have struggled to get my money back. Bbinary claim to be in the US but SEC have a warning notice up about them being a scam.

PYX now has my business and I am confident in their offering so will deal with them until I see otherwise.
LosPinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 4:47am   #47
Joined Aug 2012

now trade with PYXmarkets who I found a while ago. London based (really, not an apartment above a pizza place). Have an AR status from the FSA.
AR STATUS DOES NOT MEAN FULLY REGULATED and covered by FSA and the insurance
and the issue of transparancy remains as they are Market maker
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 4:57am   #48
Joined Aug 2012

When you trad e a certain instrumemnt you need to know that in case of dispute you can verify if the counterparty settlment is based on a price which is teh TRUE Official price on Native exchnage
Reading PYXmarket details

"Closing price is calculated by the last tick received from IDC prior to the stated market close.

All options can be sold prior to market close providing the option value is greater than £2.00

Data Provided by Interactive Data Corporation (IDC)

LOL so the FTSE is not what the offical FTSe is!
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote