Binary betting - FTSE / Dow

This is a discussion on Binary betting - FTSE / Dow within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by ukhero To all: I've been SB with capital Spreads for nearly three years now and I've had ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:53pm   #57

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhero
To all:

I've been SB with capital Spreads for nearly three years now and I've had my ups and downs, but during the last 9 months I've turned a corner, as it were. I bet the FTSE in general and I like to add by how much it will rise or fall. Very bold of me, but hay ho.

My question is, is there any web site / company out there in the big WWW abis that allows betting on how much the FTSE will rise/fall, ie: 10, 20, 50pts etc. I think they call it 'Spot Trading.' You win if it hits your prediction in a set time frame and lose if it doesn't, but without the option of marginal winning/loosing, ie: if you bet the FTSE will rise/hit 25pts and it hits 20pts you still gain.

Any comments are appreciated.

Yours

UK
It's not called spot trading....
Binarybet, IG, cantors all do these kinds of bets
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:54pm   #58

Joined Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules101
try betonmarkets.com, they have a wide range of betting options
Thanks Jules

Checking it now.

UK
ukhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:57pm   #59

Joined Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertral
It's not called spot trading....
Binarybet, IG, cantors all do these kinds of bets
Thanks also to Robert,

plenty there to keep me going for a while.

UK
ukhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:41pm   #60

Joined Nov 2004
Wink Re: Binary betting - FTSE / Dow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripophilist
Guys, I've checked the binary bet site and registered. The problem you have here is they are always overround by 5%.

You can't win in the long term, They are selling you a 100% probability at 95%. No matter how clever you are they are "Cheating" you!

Cheating you is the wrong word really but imagine the market price of a stock being 100p. You can buy it in the open market at that price but if you want you can go binary and buy it for 105p.

The only thing I can see these useful as are hedging mechanisms. But you will still "Pay" a 5% commision on each trade effectively.

These are good money earners for IG et al...

They can hedge quickly in the underlying market also.

I've found a way to make money from them, but it involves passing off the risk to somebody else and hedging in the open market.

Check out http://www.probabilitytheory.info if you want to qualify my comments on binary bets.
I have been using binary bet for quite some and am really intrested in your theory about winning agains binary bet could you please advise me at all
Rav-my email is nshah10@hotmail.com....I would like some guidance thanks
rav700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 11:58am   #61

Joined May 2005
scripophilist is completely wrong on this one:

1) The formula for calculating binary bets is based on volatility, which is impossible to calculate exactly

2) I've made a decent profit from binarybet by predicting the market direction using technical analysis and some other methods

The 5% overround just means that across all punters they will have made money, that is unless all their punters are experienced traders...
BinarySoft Chris is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 2:01pm   #62

Joined Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules101
scripophilist is completely wrong on this one:

1) The formula for calculating binary bets is based on volatility, which is impossible to calculate exactly

2) I've made a decent profit from binarybet by predicting the market direction using technical analysis and some other methods

The 5% overround just means that across all punters they will have made money, that is unless all their punters are experienced traders...
There you go a lil bit of hope at last...for binary traders..
I do agree you can book profit against binary bet and somedays you can make a lot of money and I mean a lot....
rav700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2005, 10:11pm   #63
Joined Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav700
There you go a lil bit of hope at last...for binary traders..
I do agree you can book profit against binary bet and somedays you can make a lot of money and I mean a lot....
Rav if you don't mind me asking what do you call a lot of money? Just curious to know what a fellow binary bet client is doing thats all. PM me if you do not wish to post here to swap tactics/methods etc etc. Thank You.
Greed Is Good is offline   Reply With Quote