Binary betting - FTSE / Dow

This is a discussion on Binary betting - FTSE / Dow within the Fixed Odds & Binary Betting forums, part of the Markets category; JITASH, re your post of 19-11-2003. Your strategy on the Dow is sound. In the last couple of months, American ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 29, 2004, 12:09pm   #41
Joined Nov 2003
JITASH, re your post of 19-11-2003.

Your strategy on the Dow is sound. In the last couple of months, American traders seem compelled to respond to any positive economic news by piling into equities. The surge seems to happen most often in mid-afternoon - their time - and then falls back. There have been a lot of opportunities to make money using the strategy you describe. I hope, though, that you give consideration to selling when the low-range bet you bought has at least doubled in value, as the market falls back, and don't simply wait in the hope that it will reach your range before closing. As I see it, turning a profit consistently is more satisfying than 'winning' the bet.

Also, think about this strategy - when the DJ price has risen quickly to the 70/80 level you'll get a good price on the High Ranges for Wall St to finish up <100pts (or down) - and an even better price, of course, if the market has already risen above 100pts. If you're confident that the market will finish below100pts, then place a bet here. Over time, it will give you a better return than buying the 0-20 range and hoping that the market falls back far enough to give you a winning hit. This strategy, of course, works in the opposite direction, in a falling market.

Good luck

Last edited by riwf; Feb 29, 2004 at 12:14pm.
riwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:00pm   #42

2 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Smile Re: Binary betting - FTSE / Dow

Does anyone know of another financial betting site similar to Binarybet (not spread or betting exchanges) where one can bet at fixed odds on the Daily FTSE being up or down on the day?
Any help would be appreciated,
Bernard.
Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:28am   #43

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard
Does anyone know of another financial betting site similar to Binarybet (not spread or betting exchanges) where one can bet at fixed odds on the Daily FTSE being up or down on the day?
Any help would be appreciated,
Bernard.
try ladbrokes.com it has a pretty neat platform
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:15pm   #44

Joined May 2005
massive overround tho, usually 20-30%!
BinarySoft Chris is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 12:40pm   #45

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules101
massive overround tho, usually 20-30%!
please explain? I'm not too familar with fixed odds terminology....and how u arrived at that figure
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:33pm   #46

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertral
please explain? I'm not too familar with fixed odds terminology....and how u arrived at that figure
I've sometimes seen 1.07 on one way and 4 on the other

1/1.07 + 1/4 = 1.18 (18% overround)
BinarySoft Chris is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 1:41pm   #47

Joined Jun 2005
How can you balance with that kind of odds?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:33am   #48

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules101
I've sometimes seen 1.07 on one way and 4 on the other

1/1.07 + 1/4 = 1.18 (18% overround)
Which market?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:04pm   #49

8 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
BlueSq(107% o/r) and Paddy Power (109% o/r) also offer fixed odds on daily financial indices.

13-15% is a typical overround for Ladbrokes 5-minute FTSE bets, (a 14% overround in probability equates to a 12.3% theoretical hold by the bookmaker)
Laconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:07pm   #50

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Another site you might be interested in, is binexx.com. They dont have as many markets as IG, but they do the FTSE and Wall Street,
headhoncho is offline   Reply With Quote